The Student Room Group

Spy camera fines cost drivers £135million (Daily Mail's first page headline)

MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T BREAK THE LAW THEN.

If I was dictator I would revoke people's licenses permanently if they broke the law. See how many people think driving a car is a game then.
Reply 1
Pft.
Reply 2
Original post by a-witty-name

If I was dictator I would revoke people's licenses permanently if they broke the law. See how many people think driving a car is a game then.

And this is why you will never be in power. People make mistakes and deserve second chances. One accident shouldn't destroy the rest of your life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
And this is why you will never be in power. People make mistakes and deserve second chances. One accident shouldn't destroy the rest of your life

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're in no position to say whether I have the ability to be 'in power', you know nothing about me. Just because you're writing anonymously on the internet doesn't mean you suddenly got a lot smarter and omniscient. To say a 'hardline' policy stops any potential to be in power is naive. Have you been in a coma during the past few years?

Anyway, there's no excuse for some offences, it's not an accident if you KEEP doing it. Most people, like us, feel the need to give people more chances, because we project ourselves onto them. We imagine being them, and if we were them then we/they would live the rest of their lives crime-free.

But we would never knife someone, rape someone, steal from people regularly. You have to realise these people aren't you, they don't think like you do. They already have hurt others, again and again. They've done it again.

What would you rather want: a system where someone who can't go a month out of jail without attacking someone and stealing their mobile phones and regularly gets community service or a month in prison, someone who killed someone or molested someone, gets let out eventually, and does it again? Or for the problem to be ended right there and then in a cost-effective and quick and painless manner, and those that were suffering because of them to be free from to live the content life they should be having, and have a right as a living being to have, instead of 24/7 worry and fear, or to later be a victim of one of their crimes and ruin the rest of their lives and their family's?

Yes they COULD be rehabilitated, but we can't. There's always more we could do. You could've given more to charity or someone in need (if you've ever given something at all). You could save lives RIGHT NOW. You're not, you're posting from a computer using an internet connection. Luxury. We can't help everyone, or won't, so it is logical that the people who want to live and let live should get priority over people who bring suffering, yes? I would rather everyone one who is not sociopaths to live happy lives than some who aren't sociopaths and some who are sociopaths to get the chance, leaving some who are and some who aren't to continue suffering or later suffer.

It's not going to happen, so if you're a criminal there's no need to worry anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
There is a reason you won't be in power. You don't seem personable. You have decided to have a full blown rant about an off hand comment. If someone like you ever tried to take power I would rise up in arms. You need to chill out.
Reply 5

I've run two red lights within two months of receiving my licence. But oh wells :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
There is a reason you won't be in power. You don't seem personable. You have decided to have a full blown rant about an off hand comment. If someone like you ever tried to take power I would rise up in arms. You need to chill out.

You're actually upset I took the time to explain my thinking. O_o Sounds to me like you're the one getting over-emotional if this quote's how you read the situation.

The reason I won't be in power is because I have no desire to be a journalist.
Reply 7
You're actually upset I took the time to explain my thinking. O_o Sounds to me like you're the one getting over-emotional if this quote's how you read the situation.

The reason I won't be in power is because I have no desire to be a journalist.

You forget who runs the world. Its not he media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending