The Student Room Group

Extra Maths modules at A2

As a Further maths student. Is it worth taking 'an extra 3 Maths Modules' on top of your 6 Maths modulus (c3, c4, fp2, fp3, m2, d1) and the other subject (Physics)? Feel free to give your opinions 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Rahaath2103
As a Further maths student. Is it worth taking 'an extra 3 Maths Modules' on top of your 6 Maths modulus (c3, c4, fp2, fp3, m2, d1) and the other subject (Physics)? Feel free to give your opinions 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

That will be an overkill! I'm in AS right now doing maths and further maths. I'm doing FP1,D1 and D2. I'm taking FP2, M2, and M3 next year. What modules do u wanna take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rahaath2103

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends what you want to do really, what modules they'd be and how well you're coping with your subjects at the minute. Does your exam board offer additional further maths, as then this would give you the AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Three is LOADS. That will take up a lot time. Maybe one if you really enjoy that particular area of mathematics. It won't give you a significant advantage in anything, it's not like you'll get an extra A-Level. It'll mostly be stuff you learn at university anyway, you might as well just wait until then and focus on getting good grades in the other modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending