The Student Room Group

Are my uni choices realistic?

Predicted Distinction* A* C and B for critical thinking AS and I got C for both English and maths GCSE. Applying for all business courses requiring ABB.

Business management - Sheffield
Business administration - Kent
Business management - Aston
Business computing system - City (informatics, not Cass)
Business economics - Westminster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by abc95
Predicted Distinction* A* C and B for critical thinking AS and I got C for both English and maths GCSE. Applying for all business courses requiring ABB.

Business management - Sheffield
Business administration - Kent
Business management - Aston
Business computing system - City (informatics, not Cass)
Business economics - Westminster

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you need to do some emailing around to universities. Will they accept your results as equivalent to ABB? Most don't count critical thinking. And Sheffield say if your taking a BTEC and A-Levels your A-Levels must come from their Acceptable A-Level list. And they want a B in Maths at GCSE so you could end up with an automatic rejection there unless your planning to retake.

Aston actually want AAB for their course, so currently your a fair bit short of that.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
I think you need to do some emailing around to universities. Will they accept your results as equivalent to ABB? Most don't count critical thinking. And Sheffield say if your taking a BTEC and A-Levels your A-Levels must come from their Acceptable A-Level list. And they want a B in Maths at GCSE so you could end up with an automatic rejection there unless your planning to retake.

Aston actually want AAB for their course, so currently your a fair bit short of that.

Yeah the only uni I'm taking a risk is with Sheffield due to my GCSE grade.... With Aston they're pretty lenient as I saw people getting accepted with ABC. My personal statement and reference also states ive been going through personal difficulties which have had an impact on me during college. I'm studying law and politics which are there also my btec is ict which is also there on their list. Critical thinking we were made to pick it up during A2 /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by abc95
Yeah the only uni I'm taking a risk is with Sheffield due to my GCSE grade.... With Aston they're pretty lenient as I saw people getting accepted with ABC. My personal statement and reference also states ive been going through personal difficulties which have had an impact on me during college. I'm studying law and politics which are there also my btec is ict which is also there on their list. Critical thinking we were made to pick it up during A2 /:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok if you've had personal issues that is slightly different and if its mentioned universities might be more lenient. However do email Sheffield regarding the GCSE grade. Otherwise it could be a wasted choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending