The Student Room Group

Please help :( all confidence gone

I've resat my GCSE maths 4 times now and I can only get a D :frown: I was 10 marks off a C this time around. What are my chances of being able to get into Uni with a D? I've applied and got an offer from Bangor to do psychology and it's my dream university.

please help :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Arrow_x
I've resat my GCSE maths 4 times now and I can only get a D :frown: I was 10 marks off a C this time around. What are my chances of being able to get into Uni with a D? I've applied and got an offer from Bangor to do psychology and it's my dream university.

Is your offer conditional of achieving a C at maths gcse?
Reply 2
Original post by blairxoxo
Is your offer conditional of achieving a C at maths gcse?
it's one of my conditions. My other conditions are 340 points and my welsh bacc
Original post by Arrow_x

One problem you face is that studying psychology requires some mathematical ability - for statistics and quantitative research, for example. Will you be able to cope even if Bangor let you in without a C in maths GCSE?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
One problem you face is that studying psychology requires some mathematical ability - for statistics and quantitative research, for example. Will you be able to cope even if Bangor let you in without a C in maths GCSE?

The thing is, I can do it! It's just I choke when it comes to sitting the exam :frown: I have a maths personal tutor twice a week aswell as a gcse class in college and independent work. I just don't get it, I fly through research methods in my Alevel psychology class
Original post by Arrow_x
The thing is, I can do it! It's just I choke when it comes to sitting the exam :frown: I have a maths personal tutor twice a week aswell as a gcse class in college and independent work. I just don't get it, I fly through research methods in my Alevel psychology class

Is 'choking' a general exam problem, or specific to maths?

The point about research methods is a good sign though!
keep doing past papers and timing yourself. then see which areas you're losing marks and work on them
Have you asked if they might accept an 'equivalent' such as functional skills?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending