The Student Room Group

Asylum Decision Maker (Online Assessment Centre - Sep 2023)

Hey,

I have my OAC for the Asylum DM role in Solihull (Birmingham). I suffer really bad with nerves and don’t want this to let me down as I believe I would thrive in the role.

I am just looking for someone who has recently undergone an online assessment centre for this job and if they can provide some further insight. All I’ve read so far is it’s not as bad as you would expect but nothing about the actual experience.

PLEASE HELP ME 😭
Reply 1
Original post by Unknownki
Hey,

I have my OAC for the Asylum DM role in Solihull (Birmingham). I suffer really bad with nerves and don’t want this to let me down as I believe I would thrive in the role.

I am just looking for someone who has recently undergone an online assessment centre for this job and if they can provide some further insight. All I’ve read so far is it’s not as bad as you would expect but nothing about the actual experience.

PLEASE HELP ME 😭

Hi, have you gone through the OAC stage yet? I have just completed the written test and am waiting to hear if I am being progressed through to the next stage. Did you do the video? What did that entail?
Reply 2
Hey,

PLEASE HELP ME 😭

How did it go? I had mine on Thursday and my nerves definitely got the better of me! I babbled on probably too much - almost to the stage that I can't even remember what I said half of the time 🙈

I feel the same as you - I think I would thrive in this role, but I think my nerves got the better of, and I'm not feeling very positive
Reply 3
Original post by mehmeh123
How did it go? I had mine on Thursday and my nerves definitely got the better of me! I babbled on probably too much - almost to the stage that I can't even remember what I said half of the time 🙈

I feel the same as you - I think I would thrive in this role, but I think my nerves got the better of, and I'm not feeling very positive

Same as me, feel like I did great at the presentation and just lost all composure in the interview.
I still haven’t received my results and it’s been 5 weeks, literally losing hope.
Reply 4
Same as me, feel like I did great at the presentation and just lost all composure in the interview.
I still haven’t received my results and it’s been 5 weeks, literally losing hope.

Have you heard anything back? Been 3 weeks of reviewing emails for me - and still seeing people are hearing a day or two after their OACs that they've passed.
Reply 5
Original post by mehmeh123
Have you heard anything back? Been 3 weeks of reviewing emails for me - and still seeing people are hearing a day or two after their OACs that they've passed.

Nope.
Every Thursday without fail I get an email to say they’re reviewing my results which is great. I can’t see myself being successful now but you never know I suppose? I just want my feedback really.

66 days post OAC
Reply 6

I am 5 weeks waiting on an outcome and sane as others, receiving the emails every week stating reviewing results. I am not feeling very confident at all. Have you had an outcome now?
Reply 7
Original post by PL2023
I am 5 weeks waiting on an outcome and sane as others, receiving the emails every week stating reviewing results. I am not feeling very confident at all. Have you had an outcome now?

Nope. Received the same email today x
Reply 8
Hey,

PLEASE HELP ME 😭

Hi just wondering how you were getting on - I have just had my start date for solihull 😬 thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Nicki5
Hi just wondering how you were getting on - I have just had my start date for solihull 😬 thanks

Nice, I’m still getting emails to say they’re reviewing my results so I have just forgot about it now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending