The Student Room Group

* Birmingham 2014 Dentistry Applicants*

Thought I'd make something for bham applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have an idea as to how many people are getting interviewed in feb?
Reply 2
Heyy..How are you preparing for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by IWantToSucceed
Does anyone have an idea as to how many people are getting interviewed in feb?

Original post by haleeema

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah there are 220 people being interviewed in feb! and i have no idea how the hell to prepare as its the first year of dentistry mmi at bham so we dont know what to expect :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by has87
yeah there are 220 people being interviewed in feb! and i have no idea how the hell to prepare as its the first year of dentistry mmi at bham so we dont know what to expect :s-smilie:

Did any of you go to the open day?
Reply 5
I went to a B'ham open day. I spoke with who I later found out to be the admissions tutor Mr. Coomar - he was really friendly - and he said that this is the first year they'll be doing MMIs and they are using them because it is fairer. He also said there is going to be a new dental hospital which is planned to be up and running for 2015 autumn term. (news article dated Aug '13 http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/health/work-set-start-new-34m-5751875)
Reply 6
Original post by Lanfan
I went to a B'ham open day. I spoke with who I later found out to be the admissions tutor Mr. Coomar - he was really friendly - and he said that this is the first year they'll be doing MMIs and they are using them because it is fairer. He also said there is going to be a new dental hospital which is planned to be up and running for 2015 autumn term. (news article dated Aug '13 http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/health/work-set-start-new-34m-5751875)

Ah right thanks! Did you speak to any current students and if so..any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Judging by what was said on the Birmingham 2013 thread the inteviewers seem to be friendly and helpful. But then again it's going to be an mmi, so who knows:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by has87

220?! How do you know this? Well that's scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I don't even know! I'm covering the obvious questions for now, but beyond that I really do not know how to prepare for an mmi:/ sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel free to post your stats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also has everyone recieved their confirmational letters for interview?
Reply 12
220?! How do you know this? Well that's scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup very scary haha, i called up admissions and asked :/ haven't received a confirmation letter back yet, I think they are going to send it in the next week or so! any tips on preparation? :s
Reply 13
Did any of you go to the open day?

didnt get to this year, did you? what did you do during it?
Reply 14
Also has everyone recieved their confirmational letters for interview?

I sent my reply slip back a few days after Xmas. I haven't heard anything back yet. Should I have? xP
Yeah i sent my reply back 2 days after i got the letter, still havent gotten anything. There was someone who did post on another thread that they had already recieved a confirmation letter for their interview, i think they're making it up tbh. I just wanted to make sure
Original post by has87
yup very scary haha, i called up admissions and asked :/ haven't received a confirmation letter back yet, I think they are going to send it in the next week or so! any tips on preparation? :s

If they do hand out about 100-odd offers it would give a 50% chance of getting an offer though, stay positive man! haha. The confirmation comes on the 24th apparently. Im eager to know what the stations are going to be like
Reply 17
Stats: 7A*, 7As
3As, B at AS
5 weeks gdp, orthodontics and a dental lab.
Gp, care home, charity shop, school council, mentoring, set up science club for y7s at school
and that is it..wbu?

No I didnt attend the open day was hoping someone else had haha

and no confirmation letter yet :smile:
Reply 18
Anyone know how many offers are given out? And how many stations are there?
Reply 19
stats:

GCSE: 11A's (didnt need a* in bio and chem because of a level grades)
Achieved a levels: A*A*Aa
Work exp: 4weeks gdp, 1 week maxfax and 1week ortho, 3 days dental lab
voluntary: old peoples home every week, organise weekly cricket

Quick Reply

Latest