The Student Room Group

Has anyone bought anything for uni yet?

Hey,
This is probably very premature but I was just wondering if anyone started buying anything for uni yet? I bought a duvet cover in the boxing day sales because I can't resist a bargain but thats it so far , will probably leave the rest till last minute , any very organised people out there?
Just remember that you will probably be in Halls/Uni accom in your first year - and you'll have to move out again in June and drag it all home.

Good advice here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/what_to_take_to_university
Reply 2
I'm on a gap year so have been buying things each pay day since September! I already have a duvet, towels, some stationery and some cutlery. My thinking was that if I spread all of the buying out then I won't have the huge, expensive shop to do in August!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I bought a few things in the sales and I might just keep buying things I need now and again up until august/ September.
3 pens.

I'm prepared.
Original post by elleOx
I'm on a gap year so have been buying things each pay day since September! I already have a duvet, towels, some stationery and some cutlery. My thinking was that if I spread all of the buying out then I won't have the huge, expensive shop to do in August!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cleaver thinking :smile:
Original post by elleOx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need to do this with everything. I only thought about doing it for presents before! You're a smart cookie
Original post by sparkysarmy
3 pens.

I'm prepared.

this lmao.
Original post by elleOx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats a really good idea, come August/September you end up feeling really guilty about having to fork out (or having your parents fork out) for so much stuff.

I went to uni for a term before withdrawing and reapplying for somewhere else so I've got most of my stuff sorted at home ready for September this year!
I really wanted to start shopping but I kept telling myself its too early...
Now I know other people have started already I think I might have a cheeky little shopping trip this afternoon!:biggrin:
Reply 10
I haven't even thought about it yet! I'll probably end up doing a last minute shop the week before I leave :tongue:
Reply 11
I'm thinking about starting to buy once I apply for my accommodation :smile: (April)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending