Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Got an offer through email but UCAS track hasn't updated?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from an admissions tutor basically saying that Newcastle University are "delighted to offer you a place" on the degree that I applied for; but it didn't mention if it was conditional or unconditional or anything like that. It invited me to a post-application open day and stuff too. I didn't even think admissions tutors sent a personal email if you got an offer (it wasn't an automated email or anything). If they've decided to give me an offer then why hasn't my UCAS track updated? I got the email yesterday so maybe I'm being a bit premature but I don't know if it'll update on UCAS track or not... Thanks for any advice (despite the question sounding a bit stupid). Thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me with another university and track update a few days later, so i'm guessing its normal May i ask what course at Newcastle? I'm still waiting!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylankj96)
    I got an email from an admissions tutor basically saying that Newcastle University are "delighted to offer you a place" on the degree that I applied for; but it didn't mention if it was conditional or unconditional or anything like that. It invited me to a post-application open day and stuff too. I didn't even think admissions tutors sent a personal email if you got an offer (it wasn't an automated email or anything). If they've decided to give me an offer then why hasn't my UCAS track updated? I got the email yesterday so maybe I'm being a bit premature but I don't know if it'll update on UCAS track or not... Thanks for any advice (despite the question sounding a bit stupid). Thanks!
    If you want the details, I'd recommend phoning UCAS . I think there's alot of delays going on at the moment because of the large amount of applicants. I got an offer today on track, but I haven't even had an email yet from UCAS to say I'd gotten one, which was quite strange. Congrats
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bazinga123!)
    That happened to me with another university and track update a few days later, so i'm guessing its normal May i ask what course at Newcastle? I'm still waiting!
    It's so frustrating! I mean, I'm really happy I got an offer but I don't know the conditions or anything. :confused: The BA in music, what did you apply for?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's so frustrating! I mean, I'm really happy I got an offer but I don't know the conditions or anything. :confused: The BA in music, what did you apply for?
    Well done! And psychology
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer yesterday and another one today (I realised through emails from the Uni like you). My offer from yesterday updated on Track after a few hours and my offer from today isn't on there yet. I didn't receive an email from UCAS saying "something on your application has changed" after my offer yesterday was put on Track... So I don't know what's happening. perhaps they're just behind with applications as today is the deadline after all. Congrats on the offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They'll update it later. Well done, you have the offer
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    Since today was the deadline, the system is under a lot of strain and things will be delayed, but it will come.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 15, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.