The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Computer science offer?

anyone got a offer yet from king's for BSc Computer Science?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ovocrabs
anyone got a offer yet from king's for BSc Computer Science?

I've applied for BSc and MSci in Computer Science at King's. Got an acknowledgement and the login details on the 2nd of January. From what I've seen on here it looks like King's haven't given many offers out yet.

I was thinking they'd start giving out decisions after the UCAS deadline, hopefully won't be too long now.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by wesk
I've applied for BSc and MSci in Computer Science at King's. Got an acknowledgement and the login details on the 2nd of January. From what I've seen on here it looks like King's haven't given many offers out yet.

I was thinking they'd start giving out decisions after the UCAS deadline, hopefully won't be too long now.

Ohh right i see i have applied to BSc CS with industrial experience. My acknowledgement and log-in details came on 21st October.
Well one person in my class got an offer on monday! I'm still waiting on mine...its been soo long; they recently contacted me though via myapplication to confirm my residential category on monday, but haven't heard from them since! :frown:

(btw i study the same course as you and in the same position in terms of GCSE Mathematics)
Reply 3
Ohh right i see i have applied to BSc CS with industrial experience. My acknowledgement and log-in details came on 21st October.
Well one person in my class got an offer on monday! I'm still waiting on mine...its been soo long; they recently contacted me though via myapplication to confirm my residential category on monday, but haven't heard from them since! :frown:

(btw i study the same course as you and in the same position in terms of GCSE Mathematics)

You applied quite a bit earlier than me then. Took me a while to get my application and statement right.

I emailed King's about my C in GCSE Mathematics and they said they'd include a condition for AS if they make an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by wesk
You applied quite a bit earlier than me then. Took me a while to get my application and statement right.

I emailed King's about my C in GCSE Mathematics and they said they'd include a condition for AS if they make an offer.

Yh applied in mid November i think.
They gave the person in my class a offer for DDD with Distinction in specfic units and C in english language (he is currently retaking his english). He had an A in gcse maths though.
And ooh right, i'm not taking AS level maths...so i might be in trouble lool..whereas i think you shud be fine as long as you get the grade the ask for in AS maths. But i'm taking all the specific units they ask for as well as already have obtained distinctions in two of the compulsory units last year: computer systems and information systems.
Hope everything goes well :smile:
Reply 5
Yh applied in mid November i think.
They gave the person in my class a offer for DDD with Distinction in specfic units and C in english language (he is currently retaking his english). He had an A in gcse maths though.
And ooh right, i'm not taking AS level maths...so i might be in trouble lool..whereas i think you shud be fine as long as you get the grade the ask for in AS maths. But i'm taking all the specific units they ask for as well as already have obtained distinctions in two of the compulsory units last year: computer systems and information systems.
Hope everything goes well :smile:

Yeah I did most of the units they ask for last year. Working on Systems Analysis and the Mathematics for IT units now.

Before I mentioned my AS level they did say that a condition would be given for a B in GCSE Maths.

If they do ask for GCSE in your offer you might be able to re-sit it privately somewhere if you're willing to pay for the cost of the exam.
Reply 6
Original post by wesk
Yeah I did most of the units they ask for last year. Working on Systems Analysis and the Mathematics for IT units now.

Before I mentioned my AS level they did say that a condition would be given for a B in GCSE Maths.

If they do ask for GCSE in your offer you might be able to re-sit it privately somewhere if you're willing to pay for the cost of the exam.

Same doing the Mathematics for IT this year too.
Yeah...i'll see how it all turns out. Should find out soon.
Reply 7
Hmm....Im too waiting for a reply from KCL and its taking ages to reply though.
Well i have applied on 7 jan
KCL
Manchester
edinburgh(CS Beng)
shieffield
nottingham
(rest all CS Bsc)
already recieved conditional offers from manchester,edinburgh and shieffield.(from edinburgh i was really amazed to see a reply so fast cause i have heard it also takes ages to reply:biggrin:
DiD anyone else heard it from KCL yet ?????
Reply 8
Original post by damngamerz
Hmm....Im too waiting for a reply from KCL and its taking ages to reply though.
Well i have applied on 7 jan
KCL
Manchester
edinburgh(CS Beng)
shieffield
nottingham
(rest all CS Bsc)
already recieved conditional offers from manchester,edinburgh and shieffield.(from edinburgh i was really amazed to see a reply so fast cause i have heard it also takes ages to reply:biggrin:
DiD anyone else heard it from KCL yet ?????

Congratulations on your offers! :smile:
Have heard a lot of good things about Manchester university.
And no king's hasn't updated anything yet :frown: lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Congratulations on your offers! :smile:
Have heard a lot of good things about Manchester university.
And no king's hasn't updated anything yet :frown: lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro, i would be choosing my firm choice as edinburgh. for insurance not yet decided.
can u tell me what are your choices?
and what would you choose as your firm and insurance choice?
Reply 10
Original post by damngamerz
Bro, i would be choosing my firm choice as edinburgh. for insurance not yet decided.
can u tell me what are your choices?
and what would you choose as your firm and insurance choice?

I applied to brunel, city, qmul, king's and goldsmiths. If i get in to king's i'll firm it and as my insurance i'll put city 👍 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to brunel, city, qmul, king's and goldsmiths. If i get in to king's i'll firm it and as my insurance i'll put city ������ :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool :biggrin: :smile: Best of Luck
Just posted in a similar thread in the CS & IT forum - thanks for your patience so far. As wesk predicted, after the on-time application deadline, the process of making offers starts to pick up pace - it's all hands on deck now reading personal statements, references, syllabuses, .... Meanwhile, try not to bite your fingernails too much :smile:.
I got an offer of DDD, I applied on the 14th of November and got an offer on the 14th of January. Got a B in GCSE Maths and a C in GCSE English.
Reply 14
Received offer from king's yesterday XD
Have to get B in maths though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Received offer from king's yesterday XD
Have to get B in maths though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer, will you be resitting to meet the condition then?
Reply 16
Original post by wesk
Congratulations on your offer, will you be resitting to meet the condition then?

Thank you! :smile: and yes i entered as a private candidate at my college this morning and will be sitting the exam in june. Going to start revising for it soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Got an offer from Cardiff University yesterday for D*D*D*. Only waiting on the two courses at King's now, hope they'll make a decision soon, feels like I've been waiting for ages haha!

Will definitely be firming King's if I get the chance, need to look into the living costs and accommodation a bit more though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by wesk
Got an offer from Cardiff University yesterday for D*D*D*. Only waiting on the two courses at King's now, hope they'll make a decision soon, feels like I've been waiting for ages haha!

Will definitely be firming King's if I get the chance, need to look into the living costs and accommodation a bit more though.

Congratulations! :smile: and dw you'll get in to king's 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Got an offer for MSci Computer Science. So relieved haha! Need to get DDD and a C in AS Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest