The Student Room Group

Where do you shop for clothes? Budget or high end?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GraceLynn
Primark and new look mainly, personally don't see the point in buying 1 expensive thing from a place like topshop or river island when I can buy multiple items for the same price in more budget shops, as long as it looks good to me idk

Interesting you consider Topshop (man in my case) expensive, that's where I go for my cheap stuff :')
Reply 21
I'm limited by the fact that i'm now pretty fat but if we back up a few years the cheapest was Burtons and Republic and i quite liked Reiss, Zara, All Saints, Diesel, French Connection, North Face and Ted Baker.

Primark fabric is pretty rubbish and thin so i think you get what you pay for with mens jeans. Never liked the style in Topman.

In general when skinny i preferred the smart, casual kind of preppy look i suppose.

Leeds has a great range of fashion.
Middle I guess. T-shirt with chinos/cross between chinos and combat type things, is my main apparel. So T-shirts mostly come from threadless, generally when there's a sale on, so £6-14 a t-shirt, then shipping, though it isn't too bad, better if customs don't sting you, I've only been unlucky once.

Other stuff comes when there's 50% off sales (fat face and the like) or ebay, often sellers on ebay are selling new stuff for like £10 less than the shops. might as well. Sometimes I'll buy used stuff, I don't see any problems with buying something which has been worn a handful of times on auction for like £3-4 lol, got a couple of things that way.
Reply 23
I nuy most of my stuff from uniklo, debenhams and tkmax so high street budget? :dontknow: Are uniklo and debenhams budget? I don't really go for price much, I just happen to like the jeans at debenhams and the jumpers and shirts at uniklo and the shoes at tkmax. I've just realised I do specifically buy those items at those specific shops :tongue:

I did buy a lovely pair of slim fit jeans at river island for £12 on Saturday though, which was on sale :cute:
(edited 10 years ago)
Budget. I'd only go high end if they were in the sale and it was something I really wanted.
sportsdirect for sports (i only wear sports clothes anyway). why dont they sell american football things.

i buy work shirts for summers and what not from tm lewin. tried m&s shirts, they are rubbish. no one needs to see men's nipples under a white shirt.
Original post by Slyca
dunnoe fam, them adidas trakys are on point. ygm

i had BARE peak tymz buyin dem trackies

No, but seriously, I shop from Topshop/River Island/Superdry/Hollister/Mango but most of my clothes are from Topshop. My size kind of limits me to a few stores. I buy stuff online as well but not that much; when I do, it's from ASOS.

edit: Zara and H&M as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by yl95
i had BARE peak tymz buyin dem trackies

No, but seriously, I shop from Topshop/River Island/Superdry/Hollister/Mango but most of my clothes are from Topshop. My size kind of limits me to a few stores. I buy stuff online as well but not that much; when I do, it's from ASOS.

surprisingly, I shop from the same places except hollister and topshop. :laugh: Their swagger is more suited towards camp men-ish. Never heard of Mango though tbh. I usually just go to the company's website as I do find a larger variety. ASOS just doesn't have that :frown:, well maybe sometimes.
Original post by Slyca
surprisingly, I shop from the same places except hollister and topshop. :laugh: Their swagger is more suited towards camp men-ish. Never heard of Mango though tbh. I usually just go to the company's website as I do find a larger variety. ASOS just doesn't have that :frown:, well maybe sometimes.

...swagger...swagger...?! :colondollar:
I love ASOS! I'm not a big fan of Missguided etc.; a lot of the stuff looks cheap.
Reply 29
Original post by yl95
...swagger...swagger...?! :colondollar:
I love ASOS! I'm not a big fan of Missguided etc.; a lot of the stuff looks cheap.

I'm a boy so I don't really know what misguided is :ahee:. Choice has a nice choice of brands and clothes.
Original post by Slyca
I'm a boy so I don't really know what misguided is :ahee:. Choice has a nice choice of brands and clothes.

Oh yeah, I forgot River Island sold men's clothes, woops....;_: Have never heard of Choice!
Reply 31
Primark, New Look, Next, H&M, M&S, Carbon, River Island, TK Maxx, Bank, Topshop, Debenhams. Any of these generally.
Next, John Lewis, Marks and sparks, Debenhams, Jack wills etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
About 95% of my shopping is done on Asos.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
At this point in my life, after experimenting with fashion after getting my first job, and being too old to get any more hand-me-downs like i have for my entire life so far that aren't for 16 year olds and younger, I hope i never have to spend any money on clothes ever again. Or at least be able to buy things that are built to last, look great on me, without spending huge amounts of time and money (cheap adds up!)
But that is impossible, unless I continue to get hand me downs from friends my age, LOL.
Reply 35
Generally H&M and M&S for work clothes as well as those I wear at home.

Other places I get clothes from are Ralph Lauren, Timberland or NorthFace and usually only buy it when it goes on sale or from their outlets.

I don't really keep up with fashion all that much.
Original post by Rakas21
Primark fabric is pretty rubbish and thin so i think you get what you pay for with mens jeans. Never liked the style in Topman.

Primark tends to be so much better for womens clothes than mens. I know a few girls who buy most of their clothes from there and they still have a nice dress sense and look good. I looked at the mens range in there once and it was just a load of tat.
Reply 37
Original post by sr90
Primark tends to be so much better for womens clothes than mens. I know a few girls who buy most of their clothes from there and they still have a nice dress sense and look good. I looked at the mens range in there once and it was just a load of tat.

Aye, they also have it easier as cheap versions of those UGG boots look essentially the same while men's shoes and trainers are'nt and also leggings are not really hard to make.

I did notice with the women's jeans that you can see the stitching and material is worse but because a lot of women buy black jeans it's harder to see the difference versus a lighter blue coulor that men tend to go for.
Reply 38
Original post by Alfissti
Generally H&M and M&S for work clothes as well as those I wear at home.

Other places I get clothes from are Ralph Lauren, Timberland or NorthFace and usually only buy it when it goes on sale or from their outlets.

I don't really keep up with fashion all that much.

Fashion is for sheep, it results in everybody wearing G-Star jeans, jeans with elasticated waists (hideous) and women wearing baggy leggings.

It's much more important to have a style you like be it the casual t-shirt and jeans or a smarter look.
Depends on the item really. Stuff like jeans, shoes, jackets etc I'll by cheap, as long as they look good. Shirts and jumpers though, I tend to spend more on because they tend to be shaped better and they don't go out of shape after a couple of washes like cheap ones do.

Quick Reply

Latest