Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Entrance Exam(UGAA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
I'm from Bucharest. How about you?

I live in Buftea, but the high school I go to is in Bucharest. What course did you apply for? And where?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Hey! Vort and namangupta17, I just got this email form LSE:

Thank you for your email.

We have been made aware by a number of applicants that there are clashes with the CBSE board examinations at this time and are, therefore, looking into alternative dates for the UGAA for Indian applicants. Once we have received all replies (deadline 14 February) we will examine the issue and email you to let you know how we are going to proceed. In the meantime, you do not need to do anything further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.
Reply 42
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I Sent you an email 15 minutes ago, but I didn't read this. I really hope they change the date..
Reply 43
Did anyone here sit the UGAA today? If so, how do you feel the test went?

I'm sick with a severe cold or the flu, so I was really exhausted by the middle and to the end of the test... really unsure of what to think about how the test went.
Reply 44
Unsure. I really don't know how to the correction will be like.

Also, in the slim chance that I do well, I don't think I will be able to meet the conditions.
Reply 45
Original post by Vort
Unsure. I really don't know how to the correction will be like.

Also, in the slim chance that I do well, I don't think I will be able to meet the conditions.

I got rejected :-(
How was english?
Guys, the exam was horrible. The Maths section was much tougher than the ones from the previous years. The Precis was dam tough and I only got 20 minutes to write a ****ty essay... I am disappointed. How did you guys find it?
Reply 47
I agree that Section C was a bit more difficult than previous years, but I was pleasantly surprised by both the précis and the essay topics. I found that the passage we had to write a summary of repeated a lot of (almost unnecessary) stuff, so it wasn't that hard do compress into a 150 words or less summary. I kind of wrote a messy essay, though. It started out well, but I think I derailed pretty badly in the middle of it.

I don't expect getting an offer from LSE anyways, so I guess it was just a somewhat fun test to take.

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think!

What essay topic did you choose?
I chose the one with the Internet: boring, short and ****ty intro, 2 decent paragraphs with good ideas that had to be developed much more but I ran out of time and a boring and ****ty conclusion.

I had to do the Section D. :biggrin: What course did you apply to?
Reply 49
Ah, I see. I guess we had different tests then.

I've applied for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method. What about you?
Reply 50
Original post by Vort
I chose essay topic no. 3. I couldn't conclude. But, had some good paras.
I did okay in the other stuff. I am really not sure whether it is good enough though.

How was Physics?
Reply 51
Original post by hersheys10
How was Physics?

Sorry, I didn't reply to your earlier question.
Physics was okay. English was better though. I really hope I can get 95, but it is a long shot.
Reply 52
I am applying for BSc Economics. So, our essay topics and maths sections might be different.
I chose essay topic no. 3. I couldn't conclude. But, had some good paras.
I did okay in the other stuff. I am really not sure whether it is good enough though.
Where did you guys write the exam?
Reply 53
Hi guys! Has anybody of you already heard back from LSE (offer/rejection)? I have received an email in which they inform me they are assessing my assessment script alongside my UCAS application and that they going to make a decision by March 31st, I hope they will do so! Finger crossed and all the best to all of you
Reply 54
Original post by eugenia_
Hi guys! Has anybody of you already heard back from LSE (offer/rejection)? I have received an email in which they inform me they are assessing my assessment script alongside my UCAS application and that they going to make a decision by March 31st, I hope they will do so! Finger crossed and all the best to all of you

I have received a similar e-mail.
I hope we all get an offer! :colondollar:
But, the probability of me getting an offer is lower then the 15% we started of with. Well, at least I tried. :tongue:
Any news for anyone?
Reply 56
Nope. Nothing so far. I am sure the result will be declared close to 31 March. There are still 10 days.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
Haven't heard anything either. Not too optimistic at the moment.
Reply 58
Was just rejected based on my UGAA score. That sucks, but it was anticipated.
I have just been rejected as well. I am going to reply later to this thread expressing my feelings. I am so down right now.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending