The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qasidb
I'm getting scared that we'll end up doing a Tottenham in the summer and buying a bucket load of players that just don't gel when they play together and/or simply don't possess sufficient individual quality.

I'd take a Kroos and Vidal partnership that doesn't gel over the formidable Cleverley and Carrick partnership.
Reply 3981

What Moyes has stopped you from seeing.
My two brothers, Liverpool fans sadly, suggested that with Olympiakos after the Sunday game on Wednesday, that Moyes will rest a few players for that game. TBH, Liverpool are favourites and on paper, current form, league position, they should win (hate saying that) but I'd rather we beat Liverpool because frankly, even if we rescue the CL tie with Olympiakos, we will get panned in the quarters by any team that goes through the round of 16.

If we can put a dent in the title hopes of the Scousers :P then I'd take that then getting through the CL in which we might get a good beating in the quarters.
Original post by Aky786UK
My two brothers, Liverpool fans sadly, suggested that with Olympiakos after the Sunday game on Wednesday, that Moyes will rest a few players for that game. TBH, Liverpool are favourites and on paper, current form, league position, they should win (hate saying that) but I'd rather we beat Liverpool because frankly, even if we rescue the CL tie with Olympiakos, we will get panned in the quarters by any team that goes through the round of 16.

If we can put a dent in the title hopes of the Scousers :P then I'd take that then getting through the CL in which we might get a good beating in the quarters.

Hope you put a full strength side out against the Scousers and that The Arsenal beat the small team from ****e Hart Lane so we go above them.
I support the petition to stop Cleverley playing for England. Can we start one to get him sold from Manchester United please?

Moyes Out
Cleverley Out

Klopp, Kroos, Vidal, Reus, Shaw, Mangala in.
Original post by Eboracum
I support the petition to stop Cleverley playing for England. Can we start one to get him sold from Manchester United please?

If we are going to decide everything through petitions and votes, why even bother having a manager in the first place... we can pick the team and decide transfers etc through a system of text polling like X factor...
It'll be a crime in itself if Fabian Delph doesn't get to go to the World Cup he's been better than Cleverley. But he'll still get picked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moyes won't rest any players. He can't really afford to do it in any game. The more we lose, the more **** he's going to get. Especially in the Champions League, because it's our only chance of a winning a trophy left. Even though we will never win the competition, he still wouldn't rest players.

We have also had a couple weeks off, due to the City game being cancelled and not being in the FA Cup.
Reply 3988
Original post by NathanW18
Moyes won't rest any players. He can't really afford to do it in any game. The more we lose, the more **** he's going to get. Especially in the Champions League, because it's our only chance of a winning a trophy left. Even though we will never win the competition, he still wouldn't rest players.

We have also had a couple weeks off, due to the City game being cancelled and not being in the FA Cup.

Moyes can't afford to rest players.

Regardless of form, regardless of league position, regardless of anything else, Manchester United cannot lose to Liverpool at home.

That is just something that a Manchester United manager must try his hardest to avoid.

It doesn't matter if your season is over and if it's "only 3 points", it would be a beacon of illumination, telling the world that Liverpool have leapfrogged united.

But yeah, no pressure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I don't think there's much difference between finishing 5th and 10th. Either way it's a colossal failure.

7th for Newcastle would be a great season. 7/8th for Man Utd is not.

If Newcastle had splashed out some money in the summer/Jan we could have pushed on Everton & Spurs too. But we'll never spend any money. apparently Ashley is making 'limited' funds available this summer to. :facepalm2:
Reply 3990

Moyes Out
Cleverley Out

None of those signings will happen IMO
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Moyes can't afford to rest players.

Regardless of form, regardless of league position, regardless of anything else, Manchester United cannot lose to Liverpool at home.

That is just something that a Manchester United manager must try his hardest to avoid.

It doesn't matter if your season is over and if it's "only 3 points", it would be a beacon of illumination, telling the world that Liverpool have leapfrogged united.

But yeah, no pressure...

Posted from TSR Mobile

CL and 4 th place both lost causes but a home defeat by Liverpool will be catastrophic.
Reply 3992
What foot is Kagawa?
Original post by 419
What foot is Kagawa?

Right footed. 4 Star weak foot.
Reply 3994

Moyes Out
Cleverley Out

Why is it that you keep mentioning Klopp? As one of the most sought after managers in Europe how exactly are MU to entice him without Champions League football? Besides, he's repeatedly stated that he does not want to leave Dortmund (a superior team), furthermore, he also signed a new contract with them up until 2018 and is rather well known for seeing through his contracts.
Vidic confirmed. Strange it's being announced when the season isn't done. Can imagine it to be awkward in training.
Reply 3996
Original post by Old_Simon
CL and 4 th place both lost causes but a home defeat by Liverpool will be catastrophic.

Precisely.

At the moment we are a better team than you guys, but you should be giving your all to try to win this.

Therefore it could be a great game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Over2you
Vidic confirmed. Strange it's being announced when the season isn't done. Can imagine it to be awkward in training.

That is a really wierd set up to announce it like that. He might get injured :wink:
The Vidic situation is weird, it's more common in other countries for players to sign pre-contract arrangements but it's not something United have really done.

I think the whole thing is strange but intentionally so. I don't get the impression that any of this is an accident, the uncertainty, the apparent disrespect for the regime and the fan reaction to it all that places even more pressure on the powers that be at united. It all feels to me a little bit fall on ones own sword. The club has lost the respect of its players and there's no stronger form of protest without saying anything than for the locker room leader to walk out on the club.
Reply 3999
Well Vidic is gone now. What the hell, we've lost our rock at the back. If i were Moyes I would play Vidic in the UCL, Liverpool and City games and drop him for the rest giving Jones and Evans a run in the team.

btw has anyone here been to a United game? If gonna travel from London and have no idea how to get there. I've booked train to Manchester Picadilly, I've heard I have to take the tram to Old Trafford. Also will i be able to buy a United shirt on the day with my name on the back?

Latest