Posted from TSR Mobile

Pogba left for free and you bought fellaini for almost 30 million

Think about that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Pogba left for free and you bought fellaini for almost 30 million

Think about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although not worth 28 million, Fellaini may prove important and come good.

Torres was just shocking. Biggest waste of money in the history of the premier league.

Pogba will be back.. **** it the glazers don't need the extra £40 million

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
It's actually funny how much you ****ed up with pogba.

Copy/paste from somewhere else but it explains the situation far better than I ever could:

Spoiler

Original post by hayles101
Torres was just shocking. Biggest waste of money in the history of the premier league

He's not even the worst signing at Chelsea, never mind the Premier League.
Reply 783

Torres was just shocking. Biggest waste of money in the history of the premier league.

Pogba will be back.. **** it the glazers don't need the extra £40 million :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: Fellaini will never come good, he doesn't have any technical ability, he's a west ham style player.

Surely Carroll takes that tag? Torres has probably earned Chelsea 50 million back with important goals (Europa final, semi vs Barca etc.) and won big games e.g. Goal vs city this year so tbh I wouldn't call him a flop. It's not even his fault anyway, the team isn't set up to play through him like it was at Liverpool which means he doesn't get as much service and confidence drops.

Sorry, one of my favourite players so felt inclined to defend him :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
:rofl: Fellaini will never come good, he doesn't have any technical ability, he's a west ham style player.

Surely Carroll takes that tag? Torres has probably earned Chelsea 50 million back with important goals (Europa final, semi vs Barca etc.) and won big games e.g. Goal vs city this year so tbh I wouldn't call him a flop. It's not even his fault anyway, the team isn't set up to play through him like it was at Liverpool which means he doesn't get as much service and confidence drops.

Sorry, one of my favourite players so felt inclined to defend him :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has been a spectacular flop, cant believe anyone would disagree. His goal against Barca didnt change the result, and if the odd goal against Man City is worth £50m then I cant imagine what £100m, gets you? Someone who can score at least 10 goals a season? :rolleyes:
Reply 785

Pogba will be back.. **** it the glazers don't need the extra £40 million

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: Fellaini ain't coming good.

While he's a dud. He's not as bad as people make him out to be, I still feel the urge to put him in the reserves but he'll get 20 goals a season for us in this setup. It's not like he was ever a prolific goalscorer anyway. Bar maybe one or two seasons at Liverpool, being his final season and his first season at liverpool.

Original post by sr90
Copy/paste from somewhere else but it explains the situation far better than I ever could:

Spoiler

Who's Chelsea's worst signing?

Carroll trumps worst signing in the history of the game.
Original post by sr90

Spoiler

I'm referring to the sheer amount paid for him though.

Sure if you want to look at 7 million for Bebe, 7 million is a hell of a lot less money that 50 million..but obviously Bebe has had ZERO contribution in anyway and is basically ****e in every way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Original post by Zürich
He has been a spectacular flop, cant believe anyone would disagree. His goal against Barca didnt change the result, and if the odd goal against Man City is worth £50m then I cant imagine what £100m, gets you? Someone who can score at least 10 goals a season? :rolleyes:

He did score 20+ goals last season, albeit most of them in cups and should reach that barrier again. Granted you expect better from £50 million but don't tell me you guys at the Emirates wouldn't take a 'flop' striker who scores 20 a season.

I was referring to prize money and revenue etc. which he has earned for Chelsea by contributing to CL and Europa victories :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by Zürich

I'm somebody who doesn't like Torres. But he was never a prolific goalscorer, bar two seasons at liverpool, his first season and his last. He rarely got above 20 goals in the league either.

Spoiler

Original post by FKLW
He did score 20+ goals last season, albeit most of them in cups and should reach that barrier again. Granted you expect better from £50 million but don't tell me you guys at the Emirates wouldn't take a 'flop' striker who scores 20 a season.

I was referring to prize money and revenue etc. which he has earned for Chelsea by contributing to CL and Europa victories :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He contributed almost nothing to their CL win.

Scoring a shed load in the micky house Europa League doesnt impress me.

Wouldnt want Torres at Arsenal, would prefer Demba Ba.
Reply 790
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.

Prize money, Drogba contributed to the CL win, so did Cahill, Luiz, Bosingwa(can't believe I'm saying that) and Ramires(who had an amazing season btw). Torres was okay, fair play for getting the equaliser vs Barca and winning the corner for Drogba's goal though.

The EL final, he was ok. Fair play to him then as well, but honestly if you just put Sturridge in both of those matches he'd have done better than Torres did.
Reply 791
Original post by Zürich
He contributed almost nothing to their CL win.

Scoring a shed load in the micky house Europa League doesnt impress me.

Wouldnt want Torres at Arsenal, would prefer Demba Ba.

Don't slate the Europa league, that's our holy grail for next season :colonhash:

He was the top assist maker that season for Chelsea in Europe and also got 3 goals including one at the Nou camp to seal progression to the champions league final. I'd say he made a contribution :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm somebody who doesn't like Torres. But he was never a prolific goalscorer, bar two seasons at liverpool, his first season and his last. He rarely got above 20 goals in the league either.

Spoiler

Yea youre right about that.

One of my mates is a season ticket holder at SB and says Torres' main contribution is his all round play which is often pretty good in fairness. Pretty decent at running at defenders and creating space.

But I think Chelsea bought him thinking he would score 20+ a season which as you say was never on the cards. His performances at WC2010 and at the start of 2010/11 showed he was struggling to hit the heights of his first season at LFC. It was a very strange move to part with £50m for him.

Chelsea seemed to be cursed with expensive strikers though, probably Roman's influence tbh. Probably best if you just start playing Lukaku next season.
Reply 793
I think Ancelotti deserved to be sacked if he was the guy who sanctioned the Torres deal, that is genuinely a sackable offence. How can you buy a guy for 50m, loan a youngster out and he's scoring a goal a game for ****ing BOLTON!
Original post by FKLW
Don't slate the Europa league, that's our holy grail for next season :colonhash:

He was the top assist maker that season for Chelsea in Europe and also got 3 goals including one at the Nou camp to seal progression to the champions league final. I'd say he made a contribution :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont understand this argument tbh. If goals dont influence results then they're not important, simple as that.

Torres himself said the CL win didnt mean much to him as he didnt contribute much. Drogba won them the CL, simple as that.
Reply 795
Lol.

Prize money, Drogba contributed to the CL win, so did Cahill, Luiz, Bosingwa(can't believe I'm saying that) and Ramires(who had an amazing season btw). Torres was okay, fair play for getting the equaliser vs Barca and winning the corner for Drogba's goal though.

The EL final, he was ok. Fair play to him then as well, but honestly if you just put Sturridge in both of those matches he'd have done better than Torres did.

Yeah wasn't just Nando but he did play his part as you mentioned.

Sturridge always struck me as the type of player that was never gonna succeed at Chelsea. I know he played out of position but I always thought a move would benefit him and further his career. It's kinda like Forlan at OT, **** here and then golden ball at 2010 WC after prolific seasons in Spain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Ancelotti deserved to be sacked if he was the guy who sanctioned the Torres deal, that is genuinely a sackable offence. How can you buy a guy for 50m, loan a youngster out and he's scoring a goal a game for ****ing BOLTON!

Think Roman bought him and forced him on Ancelotti tbh. I like that guy alot, one of my favourite managers. :colondollar:
Reply 797
Naa it was Ancelotti that wanted Torres.
Reply 798
Original post by Zürich
I dont understand this argument tbh. If goals dont influence results then they're not important, simple as that.

Torres himself said the CL win didnt mean much to him as he didnt contribute much. Drogba won them the CL, simple as that.

But we don't know it didn't influence the result? What if valdes had hoofed that ball up, pique headed it on the messi who slotted it in and barca advanced? Fair enough if it was to make it 3-0 on aggregate on something like that but you canon be sure Chelsea would have progressed without it so it did have some sort of influence.

Drogba did win that CL for Chelsea. He went OP against Napoli, barca and Bayern :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
But we don't know it didn't influence the result? What if valdes had hoofed that ball up, pique headed it on the messi who slotted it in and barca advanced? Fair enough if it was to make it 3-0 on aggregate on something like that but you canon be sure Chelsea would have progressed without it so it did have some sort of influence.

Drogba did win that CL for Chelsea. He went OP against Napoli, barca and Bayern :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think that game could have gone on for another 90m without Barca scoring. They were spent by the time Torres scored, meaningless goal.

Latest