The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

I believe there is some sort of criminal record check - but having something on there doesn't mean you wouldn't be eligible in that sense.. It depends what it is I suppose and the company and the level of the job - a higher up position would need higher security clearance I guess. Don't ever be deterred just because you have a criminal record and there is other stuff too to put your foot in the door like volunteering and going back to college. Plus volunteer and temp jobs often lead to permanent roles. X
Reply 41
Thanks :smile: you get your invite today because I didn't :/ ?
Reply 42
Original post by jarvisja

The invites will be handed out between now and Friday. Good luck! How did you find the situational judgement test, by the way?
Reply 43
I was hoping to get one today, the suspense is killing me! I think I did ok.. I don't think I put that many of the options were counter productive, I just put the the other 4 mainly. What about you ?
Reply 44
I just go an email, I haven't got it :/
Reply 45
I think I did alright (inb4 I get rejected). Yeah, I can't remember choosing counter productive too frequently but my memory of the test is admittedly a little hazy.

Even if I do get an invite, I'm still worried about my certificates not arriving to my house on time. Yeah, I don't have my Gcse/A level certificates and I had to order new ones :/ I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not we're supposed to bring them to the assessment centres.

Edit: I'm sorry to hear that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Well good luck mate, **** knows what I'm going to do now lol remember the name Jarvis, you'll probably see me on the news for a failed bank robbery attempt aha
Reply 47
Well good luck mate, **** knows what I'm going to do now lol remember the name Jarvis, you'll probably see me on the news for a failed bank robbery attempt aha

Thanks man, I'll probably get the email of doom tomorrow. Fret not though, there's lot of interesting schemes out there for young people.

This one is a good example http://www.nao.org.uk/school-leavers/ check it out. The numerical reasoning test is very similar to the Civil service scheme's test, so you should do well. Good luck in the future man.

I haven't heard anything yet either :frown:
No idea about how the SJT went down. Had some development events like prioritisation and time management for work but that only made parts of the test a little easier to judge and even then I could have still messed it up - but most of it was just based on common sense and experience... So we will never know until we get the email! :frown: Trying to stay positive about it but preparing for rejection!
I just go an email, I haven't got it :/

Sorry to hear that by the way. Chin up!! I may have to remind myself of this too!
Reply 50
I just got a rejection after the SJT. The numerical and reasoning tests went so well as well :frown:. Can we get any feedback on the SJT? I've only had an internship last summer and no work expirence, so i really would like to know what they look for
Original post by Keep Up
I just got a rejection after the SJT. The numerical and reasoning tests went so well as well :frown:. Can we get any feedback on the SJT? I've only had an internship last summer and no work expirence, so i really would like to know what they look for

You just got an email? I thought I could stop panicking at least until tomorrow morning haha! You can ask for feedback? Whether they will give it or not I don't know. Just send an email or find a number can't hurt. I want to know how they look at it too. Whether they say ok anyone over this mark for SJT gets and interview opportunity or whether they do that plus then look at our applications with our marks to decide.. :/ I hope they do look in order to make decisions about interviews because I think I'm perfect for the one I applied for! Sorry to hear you didn't get through to the next stage keep looking X
Reply 52
Anyone else heard anything today?
Original post by BUBBLE12
Anyone else heard anything today?

Nope!
Reply 54
Original post by VictoriaHarriet
Nope!

I hate this haha! Every time my email goes off I open it expecting one from them and it's always junk! God knows what I'd be like if I did get an invite to the assessment centre and had to wait for results from that!!
I hate this haha! Every time my email goes off I open it expecting one from them and it's always junk! God knows what I'd be like if I did get an invite to the assessment centre and had to wait for results from that!!

I know right I'm exactly the same I keep checking every two seconds on my phone email!! Need to stop because if I get a rejection email I will be soooo gutted!
Reply 56
I know right I'm exactly the same I keep checking every two seconds on my phone email!! Need to stop because if I get a rejection email I will be soooo gutted!

I know I've got a feeling it's going to be a rejection too! Let me know if you hear anything, fingers crossed!
I know I've got a feeling it's going to be a rejection too! Let me know if you hear anything, fingers crossed!

I will do - still nothing!..
Reply 58
I will do - still nothing!..

Same - looks like another day of waiting!
Same - looks like another day of waiting!

Where did you apply and what for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending