The Student Room Group

Freshers week

I was wondering if the UCAS start dates on my offer letters include freshers week, or is it the date of which lectures start and one would need to move to uni the week before???
Reply 1
I believe it is the start of term, so it doesn't include fresher's week.
Reply 2
Original post by Em-jay
I was wondering if the UCAS start dates on my offer letters include freshers week, or is it the date of which lectures start and one would need to move to uni the week before???

It varies by university- at some like mine freshers week is the first week of term, but at others there is a week 0. Anyway don't trust dates supplied by ucas as universities often don't provide all the information, check out the calendar on the university website
Is fresher's week expensive?
Original post by Fishoutofwater

It's as expensive as you want it to be - you don't have to spend any money if you don't want to. But generally the clubs have deals which make nights out much cheaper during Freshers' than during a normal night out.
Reply 5
Original post by Fishoutofwater

Depends how much you go out, how much you drink and if so how much you pre drink as opposed to buying drinks in clubs and what you do during the day e.c.t
Reply 6
Original post by Add!ction
I believe it is the start of term, so it doesn't include fresher's week.

Original post by jelly1000
It varies by university- at some like mine freshers week is the first week of term, but at others there is a week 0. Anyway don't trust dates supplied by ucas as universities often don't provide all the information, check out the calendar on the university website

Thanks guys for all the information, very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending