The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham city uni 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm studying Computer Science at BCU.. Through clearing though so accommodation hasn't been sorted yet. Scared though, moving away from home and I know nobody from Birmingam!!!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by Frenchcr
I'm studying Computer Science at BCU.. Through clearing though so accommodation hasn't been sorted yet. Scared though, moving away from home and I know nobody from Birmingam!!!

I'm in the same situation! Feels like going to Highschool all over again, an awesome chance to meet new people though, looking forward to it :smile:
I was debating computer science but went with game development instead.
Original post by Liamu4
I'm in the same situation! Feels like going to Highschool all over again, an awesome chance to meet new people though, looking forward to it :smile:
I was debating computer science but went with game development instead.

Should have done CS. At least I would have met somebody on my course!
Reply 163
Original post by ruby_c
Were staying at home, we only live in Wolverhampton so its not far to drive or catch the train :smile:

Are you looking forward to starting?

Oh okay. Am coming from Kent and yes am buzzing, can't wait to be honest lol. How about you?
Reply 164
Original post by Frenchcr
Should have done CS. At least I would have met somebody on my course!

Eh, the thing that put me off was the amount of computer theory, the game dev course is more programming orientated and that's what I want to go in to ^^ I believe the courses are transferable after the first year though.
Reply 165
Original post by Shancai
Oh okay. Am coming from Kent and yes am buzzing, can't wait to be honest lol. How about you?

Oh cool!! Im really excited, cannot wait to start! I dont know what to expect but hey, its first year so im sure it'll be great! :biggrin:

Do you know when freshers week is? I havent received any info about that yet....
Reply 166
Original post by ruby_c
Oh cool!! Im really excited, cannot wait to start! I dont know what to expect but hey, its first year so im sure it'll be great! :biggrin:

Do you know when freshers week is? I havent received any info about that yet....

It's going to be great, it has to lol. Am scared to live with total strangers though but guess you won't have that problem lol.
Check out the student union website. First party is on the 21th. Are you getting a wristband? I'm not, will only attend some of the parties and not all so probably not worth it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 167
Just got a place here through clearing :tongue:
Reply 168
Original post by Shancai
It's going to be great, it has to lol. Am scared to live with total strangers though but guess you won't have that problem lol.
Check out the student union website. First party is on the 21th. Are you getting a wristband? I'm not, will only attend some of the parties and not all so probably not worth it.

Ah dw! Once your settled in you'll love it and make friends with people living around you. I just had a look at the website, the partys seem pretty cool, but i wont attend all so no point in getting a wristband
hi guys, I'm going to study Primary Education and I'm staying in Larch house in the Coppice :smile:
Just got in through clearing for Computer Science ! Now the hunt for accommodation begins :frown:
Reply 171
hi I'm in second year at bcu and was wondering if there is anyone who is looking for accommodation and doesn't want to live in halls, would like to find a 2 bedroom apartment together between 5ways and city centre i would prefer a female because i am too a female.
Original post by CocaDee
hi I'm in second year at bcu and was wondering if there is anyone who is looking for accommodation and doesn't want to live in halls, would like to find a 2 bedroom apartment together between 5ways and city centre i would prefer a female because i am too a female.

Hey, i've seen a dedicated official facebook group for this sort of thing. Search 'BCUSU Room and Housemate Finder' and you'll find lots of students looking for accommodation and people to share with.
Original post by falconso
Just got in through clearing for Computer Science ! Now the hunt for accommodation begins :frown:

Hi, I'm also doing Computer Science. There is accommodation available at The Heights and Curzon Gateway.
Original post by bridgeneem
hi guys, I'm going to study Primary Education and I'm staying in Larch house in the Coppice :smile:

I'm studying Primary Ed too and in Larch House. What flat are you in?
Original post by minitriga
I'm Alex will be studying Computer Networks (unconditional offer). I've got my accommodation sorted and will be stopping at Jennens Court, block A, Flat 11.

Would be be cool to meet someone studying the same course or people who will be living around me.

I'm doing computer games tech and living in block A Flat 74 :smile:
Reply 176
Original post by CorrinaH89
I'm doing computer games tech and living in block A Flat 74 :smile:

yo! You're the first person I've seen that's doing computer games tech as well XD
Reply 177
Hey! I applied for Oscott Gardens and will be living in St Margarets House. Any flat mates already? :h:
Reply 178
Anyone Block A Flat 30 at Jennens?
Original post by Liamu4
yo! You're the first person I've seen that's doing computer games tech as well XD

Aww sick!!! I found one other too, gonna be a lonely course xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending