The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mtbab
u dont relax on a gap yr, yeh u have fun but you be adventrous constantly on the go be it working in tesco, flyin to ghana or sumthing, but you dont proper zone out for the whole yr lol

Of course, but compared to A Levels working in Tesco is not as stressful. I'd see it as relaxing.
Reply 41
I would advise you to do what I'm doing, watch Lost, Prison Break, 24, Scrubs, House, Grey's Anatomy, ER and anything else that interests you.

As a note Jack Bauer > Jack Shepherd > Michael Scofiled > House + JD + Dr. Cox (I bet the Lost fans are coming after me)

If you think that you are wasting time and could do something constructive; take up a fun "hobby" or read a book or something.
Reply 42
Cataclysm
I would advise you to do what I'm doing, watch Lost, Prison Break, 24, Scrubs, House, Grey's Anatomy, ER and anything else that interests you.

As a note Jack Bauer > Jack Shepherd > Michael Scofiled > House + JD + Dr. Cox (I bet the Lost fans are coming after me)

If you think that you are wasting time and could do something constructive; take up a fun "hobby" or read a book or something.

No, the Prison Break fans are coming after you. (Look at my sig)

:fight:
lapsaJ
Of course, but compared to A Levels working in Tesco is not as stressful. I'd see it as relaxing.

I'd see it as mind numbingly dull! :biggrin:
Reply 44
beach_surf_babe
I'd see it as mind numbingly dull! :biggrin:

I suppose it's not a total breeze, but c'mon - compared to 7 years in full time education?
Reply 45
lapsaJ
I suppose it's not a total breeze, but c'mon - compared to 7 years in full time education?

i enjoyed it. most of the time.
Reply 46
wildfire
i enjoyed it. most of the time.

I didn't. But I suppose that's because of all the extra things I did out of school (made my year 11 hell).
Reply 47
jokeroid
I've recovered from the exams. Its just moving on that makes me worry. Just thinking about college runs my brain down (into a depressed state):frown:

Can't be bothered to do anything.

I can. But by Jesus, im a geek:eek: ..oh no!
Reply 48
lapsaJ
No, the Prison Break fans are coming after you. (Look at my sig)

:fight:

Dude I love Prison Break as much as the next guy and my attraction to Michael Scofield even though I am a guy does in no way affect my sexual orientation. :p: But when I started a Marathon watch of 24 from Season 1 to the end of Season 5, Jack Bauer > all.

The only reason Lost fans are angry is because "Jack Bauer could get off the Lost Island in 24 Hours."
Reply 49
Cataclysm
Dude I love Prison Break as much as the next guy and my attraction to Michael Scofield even though I am a guy does in no way affect my sexual orientation. :p: But when I started a Marathon watch of 24 from Season 1 to the end of Season 5, Jack Bauer > all.

The only reason Lost fans are angry is because "Jack Bauer could get off the Lost Island in 24 Hours."

Why aren't you a member of my soc then! :frown:
Reply 50
lapsaJ
Why aren't you a member of my soc then! :frown:

I'll join on August 21, 2006 when Season 2 starts and if it is good then I shall joineth the great soc of PB.
Reply 51
you should try earn as much money as possible, because you will never have a totally free summer again. There really is no point in learning for AS before you have started the course - AS levels arent too bad anyway. Have some fun and stash some cash!
Reply 52
Cataclysm
I'll join on August 21, 2006 when Season 2 starts and if it is good then I shall joineth the great soc of PB.

Your loss. :biggrin:
Reply 53
jokeroid
I agree.
I hate people who see it as an experience. Its tesco for godsake!!!:biggrin:

The only incentive is MONEY (how little that may be).

I wouldn't know, I'm self-employed.
Well I planned to relax and do nothing, maybe get a job if i could for the weekends. Well i managed to get a job but hardly part time at the moment. I haven't had a day off in 8 days lol :redface: So not much time for anything else. Just think of the money. I actually quite like where I work, its really relaxed and the people are ace and im earning money at the same time so it all good:biggrin:
Reply 55
Don't be a nerd!! Relax and enjoy. If you don't have a social life you can always increase your TSR post count :biggrin:
Reply 56
jokeroid
If you can call "selling on eBay" as self employment:idea:

Yes, of course it is. Hundreds of people have eBay as their full-time job - I just do it in the summer mainly when I have time. If I'm making more than any of my mates, working less hours, it's beneficial for me.
Reply 57
jokeroid
Oh, so I was right? Good guess.

eBay is pretty hard work though if your goal is to make profits.

The link in my profile kinda gives it a way. It can be hard work, but if you play your cards right you can earn a decent packet. What other goals would I have other than earning profits?
Reply 58
Do nothing, whats the point in working over the break when you will have more than enough to do during the year?
Reply 59
Cataclysm
But when I started a Marathon watch of 24 from Season 1 to the end of Season 5

I did that too. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending