The Student Room Group

Going Into Year 11

I'm in the summer between Year 10-11 and want to know how much revision I should do next year.

My Year 10 mock grades were:
English Lang 8
English Lit 9
Maths 4
Chemistry 7
Physics 4
Biology 6
French 5
RE 9
History 9

Also, a bunch of my friends are already doing revision in the holidays but I'm unable to, will that put me at a disadvantage?
I don't think it matters if you don't do revision during the holidays though it certainly helps. If you start revising when the school term begins, that's the most appropriate time to start. Try to revise as much as you can in the lead up exams and you should be alright. Also don't fret about exams either, there are usually so many routes to getting the kind of jobs you want.
Reply 2
I'd say you'd need to do atleast 4 hours a week (so literally could be 1 hour or 30 minute sessions spread throughout the week), but make sure the revision is actually good revision so like doing exam papers/questions, blurting - stuff thats active recall not just writing notes down

I know you've said your not able to do any revision over the holidays, but is there any chance you could just try do a bit of seneca? Just do a few topics on that for a little bit? Even is its small you might still pick it up and remember it in the long run

Quick Reply

Latest