The Student Room Group

GCSE ICT coursework

Hey!
I needed help on my GCSE Edexcel 'community spirit' recommendation and the e-newsletter. I want to get the highest possible grade. Does anyone have any examples/samplers of this...if so please could I see. Plus is anyone else doing this same coursework? :smile:
Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there :smile: I'm also doing the community spirit course work. I absolutely hated the e-newsletter! I've recently just finished activity 4, so what exactly did you want help with? What grade are you aiming for in ICT? I'm currently an A/A* student if that helps at all...
Reply 2
Original post by Simmmi02
Hey there :smile: I'm also doing the community spirit course work. I absolutely hated the e-newsletter! I've recently just finished activity 4, so what exactly did you want help with? What grade are you aiming for in ICT? I'm currently an A/A* student if that helps at all...

same I haven't finished my e-newsletter as I have know gone back onto the spread sheet model, which I have nearly finished, just need to add up the costs and check if I have enough variables. I needed help with the recommendations and what to write in e-newsletter.
For ICT I am aiming for a A or if I can even A*.
Reply 3
Oh okay, well recommendations for the logo and strap line are pretty simple, you just need to ensure that they are simple, memorable, original etc. For suggestions for the event, you could maybe recommend charging low costs for tickets in your activities and attractions as this would insure that you don't exceed you maximum profit budget as well as encourage families to attend future events. By recommending your ticket prices for the entrance fee, you can talk about how your prices aren't too costly which attracts people to you event and makes sure that your overall profit isn't to high. Just use your charts to give a visual representation of these things. Make sure to include an introduction and a summary for higher marks.

My e-newsletter pretty much follows my storyboard (not sure if you have one yet..) The first page is the intro and just has a brief summary of what community spirit is and what the aim of the event is. This page includes links to the charities section and events section. The second page is all about my chosen charities, so i've added brief statements about all of the charities and how they will benefit from this event. I have also included info on pitch hire in case anybody is interested in hiring. Third page is all about the events so I have a paragraph that basically talks about the wide variety of activities + attractions that will be on offer at my event and how there is food, drinks and freebies for everyone. The last page is the shortest and literally just includes a link that says click here which leads to my audio clip. Remember to add relevant images to each page!

I hope you find some of this useful but if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
I'd say aim for an A*, you can do it :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Oh okay, well recommendations for the logo and strap line are pretty simple, you just need to ensure that they are simple, memorable, original etc. For suggestions for the event, you could maybe recommend charging low costs for tickets in your activities and attractions as this would insure that you don't exceed you maximum profit budget as well as encourage families to attend future events. By recommending your ticket prices for the entrance fee, you can talk about how your prices aren't too costly which attracts people to you event and makes sure that your overall profit isn't to high. Just use your charts to give a visual representation of these things. Make sure to include an introduction and a summary for higher marks.

My e-newsletter pretty much follows my storyboard (not sure if you have one yet..) The first page is the intro and just has a brief summary of what community spirit is and what the aim of the event is. This page includes links to the charities section and events section. The second page is all about my chosen charities, so i've added brief statements about all of the charities and how they will benefit from this event. I have also included info on pitch hire in case anybody is interested in hiring. Third page is all about the events so I have a paragraph that basically talks about the wide variety of activities + attractions that will be on offer at my event and how there is food, drinks and freebies for everyone. The last page is the shortest and literally just includes a link that says click here which leads to my audio clip. Remember to add relevant images to each page!

I hope you find some of this useful but if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!
This is really useful and has helped me. :smile:
I hope you get the result you are looking for, plus when are you sitting the exam?
Once again thanks!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 5

Hi, from your post I can see that your really good at ICT!
Could I ask some help about activity 2 the digital advert?
Is it possible for me to do it as a poster? Would that still count as a digital advert?
Reply 6
Original post by socialgain
Hi, from your post I can see that your really good at ICT!
Could I ask some help about activity 2 the digital advert?
Is it possible for me to do it as a poster? Would that still count as a digital advert?

Of course you can ask me for help, i'd be happy to help you if I can :smile: I think it's possible for you to do your digital advert as a poster but i'd advise that you double check with a teacher first.
Reply 7
Original post by RoCkStAr_1
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!
This is really useful and has helped me. :smile:
I hope you get the result you are looking for, plus when are you sitting the exam?
Once again thanks!!!!:biggrin:

You're welcome, my grammar was terrible so I wasn't sure if it made much sense. I'm glad I was able to help you a little :biggrin:

I think my exam is in may but i'll have to check. When is yours?
Reply 8
You're welcome, my grammar was terrible so I wasn't sure if it made much sense. I'm glad I was able to help you a little :biggrin:

I understood :smile:
My exam is in May too (to be more precise May 14th) Its my first exam that I have to do.

how do i export the audio clip from audacity onto my site in dreamweaver.last thing i need to do....
Original post by scrawlx101
how do i export the audio clip from audacity onto my site in dreamweaver.last thing i need to do....

Embed the file.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do i do that? i was told to export using audacity and then convert it to mp3.what then?
Original post by scrawlx101
how do i do that? i was told to export using audacity and then convert it to mp3.what then?

Convert to MP3 and then embed the file using the [EMBED] tags. A quick Google search should give a better explanation.

Also, isn't there a function in Dreamweaver to add in links like this? I'm not too familiar as my school uses WebPlus, but there should really be a button for adding files. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting an A* seems to be next to near impossible due to my teacher. Gives marks away as if they're worth their weight in gold. All I can say is try get a sheet where it has all your marks spread out into different sections (out of 80). That should enable you to focus on where marks could be easily gained. Btw I'm on an A (60/80) can't be asked to do anymore :smile:
Original post by TheLostHope
Getting an A* seems to be next to near impossible due to my teacher. Gives marks away as if they're worth their weight in gold. All I can say is try get a sheet where it has all your marks spread out into different sections (out of 80). That should enable you to focus on where marks could be easily gained. Btw I'm on an A (60/80) can't be asked to do anymore :smile:

Chill
Original post by Spirited_Away
Chill

Who is man to tell me to chill......
Reply 16
Hi, just wondered if anyone can help me we're completely behind schedule and still haven't finished our CAB and was wondering if anyone knows whether to show a diagram of how the e-newsletter will look in activity 3 with the actual pictures and text you will write and whether you only show a template of the first page of the e-newsletter or other pages of the news-letter also :s-smilie: sorry if this doesn't make sense but just wondering if anyone has done the planning, thanks
I got an A* for ICT last year, such a pain in the A** good luck guys.
Reply 18

Hi Simmmi02,
I was hoping you could help me with the modelling part that involves spread sheets. I'm stuck on how to create 'what-if' scenarios. :smile:
Original post by Kisses
Hi Simmmi02,
I was hoping you could help me with the modelling part that involves my activity 4 evaluation. I'm stuck on how to structure it and what to write and i was wondering if you could send me some examples on the writing part please email me at xriotragex.co.uk thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest