The Student Room Group

Access to Higher Ed in Humanities.... HELP!!

I will be brief...
Hi, im 35yrs old (nxt wk) & have an interview for the above course.

Im sooo nervous... am i too old to start a new career?
Im not sure what the english and maths test is going to be like at the interview?????
I have'nt got my maths & english gcses but do have skills for life L2 In english and at the mo im doing L2 learn direct maths (& B in psychologhy gcse).

How intense is the access course? How many assignments is there a week?
Will i be on it every night???

I work part time and have 2 kids (6 & 2yrs old).

I really want this but im scared.

Any advise wld be brill.
Thank u
Reply 1
Hi I am 37 and I am in the middle of an access to health sciences course. I am doing some humanities subjects, psychology and criminology. I absolutely love it, and the best thing I have ever done. Look at the uni courses you wish to apply to and see if they require actual GCSE maths and English. I am sorry but most will not accept learn direct equivalents. You may need to do these alongside the access. But on the positive side It is great, even when like me you have 3 assignments due in the same week!!
Reply 2
I got it!! Got my acceptance letter today. Only took a week. X
Reply 3
Original post by Sadlerm
I got it!! Got my acceptance letter today. Only took a week. X

Congratulations on getting accepted! I've got an interview for the same course on the 2nd April. What's the interview like? I'm worried about the maths assessment because I've never been great at maths.
Reply 4
Thank u gareth. I went on the maths skills for life and had a refresh. But seriously dont worry the maths is easy, it was the english i found more challenging but again u can go online and refresh skills for life. If u need a link let me know. Good luck. X
Reply 5
Original post by Sadlerm
Thank u gareth. I went on the maths skills for life and had a refresh. But seriously dont worry the maths is easy, it was the english i found more challenging but again u can go online and refresh skills for life. If u need a link let me know. Good luck. X

Yeah could you send the link? Been trying to find it but can't find it.
Reply 6
sorry for delay.

im having probs too.. but whilst im looking, here is another god one.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending