The Student Room Group

For year 11 students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
9c072eef_soon2-1.jpeg
Reply 21
I started revision about a week ago.
(edited 10 years ago)
if writing geography notes counts as revision then yeah i've started, but I haven't actually gone over the notes yet. It's literally taking me forever omg
My mocks have made me realise the amount of revision I need to do, I can see myself working tomorrow from about 9-4 or something I need to get things done. I am starting to stress that we only have just over 60 days to the first exam and it's made me realise just how quickly the exam period is going to come round.
Reply 24
Original post by GoldGhost
My mocks have made me realise the amount of revision I need to do, I can see myself working tomorrow from about 9-4 or something I need to get things done. I am starting to stress that we only have just over 60 days to the first exam and it's made me realise just how quickly the exam period is going to come round.

You could lock yourself in a shed over easter, and I bet you'd get it all done, just about.But you would never see the sunlight...
Reply 25
Original post by bubblegumcat
if writing geography notes counts as revision then yeah i've started, but I haven't actually gone over the notes yet. It's literally taking me forever omg

I know how you feel, it takes forever to make notes on geography.
Reply 26
Original post by voxdock
You could lock yourself in a shed over easter, and I bet you'd get it all done, just about.But you would never see the sunlight...

Loooooooooool:lol::lol:
Original post by anonest
I know how you feel, it takes forever to make notes on geography.

yep, i'm glad i got it done now than later haha
Reply 28
Yup- I've gone all Hermione mode and I made myself a colour coded revision timetable for every subject and am currently averaging about 5 hours of revision per night and between 10-12 hours at the weekend.
Original post by Hallucifer
Yup- I've gone all Hermione mode and I made myself a colour coded revision timetable for every subject and am currently averaging about 5 hours of revision per night and between 10-12 hours at the weekend.

What time do you get home that you manage to get 5 hours?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by anonest
Has anyone started revising for their GCSEs?

Yeah, finally realised it's about time, got 16 exams in summer, i'm dreading it:frown:
Reply 32

Jeez, how is 5 hours even possible, do you not get normal homework as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Sheldor
What time do you get home that you manage to get 5 hours?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually about 5.00pm but I work late
Reply 34
Original post by voxdock
Jeez, how is 5 hours even possible, do you not get normal homework as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dedication!! And I do the homework within the allotted subject time on my revision timetable
Reply 35
Dedication!! And I do the homework within the allotted subject time on my revision timetable

wow, seriously impressed. aren't you worried about burnout though. Like I'm starting at easter cause I dont wanna peak too soon. After my mocks, I've realised that you can only do about 4-5 weeks of really intense revision and then you start to burnout
Reply 36
Original post by voxdock
wow, seriously impressed. aren't you worried about burnout though. Like I'm starting at easter cause I dont wanna peak too soon. After my mocks, I've realised that you can only do about 4-5 weeks of really intense revision and then you start to burnout

I'm going to use Easter to relax and recover so then after Easter I don't have much revision to do- it'll just be going over a few things before the exam so I can focus on things like exam technique and I won't be as stressed out during the exam period (hopefully) allowing me to do better
Reply 37
I'm going to use Easter to relax and recover so then after Easter I don't have much revision to do- it'll just be going over a few things before the exam so I can focus on things like exam technique and I won't be as stressed out during the exam period (hopefully) allowing me to do better

My worry is you'll get to easter, if you've already done loads of revision, think, I dont need to revise, I know all this. Then you get to your exams having not revised properly in the last couple of weeks and you're not as prepared...
Reply 38
Original post by voxdock
My worry is you'll get to easter, if you've already done loads of revision, think, I dont need to revise, I know all this. Then you get to your exams having not revised properly in the last couple of weeks and you're not as prepared...

That's a fair point and I'll have to keep that in mind after Easter. My plan is to then do every single past paper once I've revised everything which will get me in the frame of mind for exams and keep everything fresh in my head. Also, it will be a brilliant indicator of where I'm not as solid at something
Reply 39
That's a fair point and I'll have to keep that in mind after Easter. My plan is to then do every single past paper once I've revised everything which will get me in the frame of mind for exams and keep everything fresh in my head. Also, it will be a brilliant indicator of where I'm not as solid at something

It's a good plan, I hope it works out for you, what are you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest