The Student Room Group

Living a double life in the North?

Any Southerners on here who have migrated northwards? I just have a kew questions really...

Is it possible to reconcile a home counties cultural background with a society based around young mothers, smoking and football violence?

Do you find it necessary to 'Act Manc' when dealing with the working class to avoid t'kicking, but yet dont want to jettison your professional background entirely for fear of becoming a fraud? If you settled up there permanently would your old friends disown you for selling out and brand you a cultural traitor?

If you were to date a Tracey or a Darren, would your parents approve?

Would my love of stuffed vine leaves and sauteed aubergines sit well with the good people of South Yorkshire - Are working class heroes diggin these kinda vibes? Would I be battered for drinking cocktails yer great poof?

If your from 'down there' and you made the transition, lerros norr hoe yer gorron. taaa
Reply 1
Original post by Vibration Energy
Would my love of stuffed vine leaves and sauteed aubergines sit well with the good people of South Yorkshire - Are working class heroes diggin these kinda vibes? Would I be battered for drinking cocktails yer great poof?

You mean pie and mushy peas?
Reply 2
Those aren't symptoms of the North, they're symptoms of a ****hole, you poor ****er :lol:

I assume you southerners forget places like Milton Keynes, Newcastle Under Lyme and Coventry exist?
Reply 3
Original post by Vibration Energy
Any Southerners on here who have migrated northwards? I just have a kew questions really...

Is it possible to reconcile a home counties cultural background with a society based around young mothers, smoking and football violence?

Do you find it necessary to 'Act Manc' when dealing with the working class to avoid t'kicking, but yet dont want to jettison your professional background entirely for fear of becoming a fraud? If you settled up there permanently would your old friends disown you for selling out and brand you a cultural traitor?

If you were to date a Tracey or a Darren, would your parents approve?

If your from 'down there' and you made the transition, lerros norr hoe yer gorron. taaa

I moved North after studying at Bristol. I prefer it up here. Less of you Home Counties Bellends about.

I think the North would rather not have you with uninformed attitudes such as those.

Why are ou Southerners so happy to parade you total ignorance around when it comes to anywhere above the Watford Gap?

The most violent football club are Milwall and they are from London. As for the rest it isn't even worth replying to, you are clearly trolling.
Reply 4
Original post by james1211
Those aren't symptoms of the North, they're symptoms of a ****hole, you poor ****er :lol:

I assume you southerners forget places like Milton Keynes, Newcastle Under Lyme and Coventry exist?

Poor Cov. It really is a ****hole.

Midlands not the South though. HE probably thinks that is the North.
Reply 5
Original post by redferry
Poor Cov. It really is a ****hole.

Midlands not the South though. HE probably thinks that is the North.

Ok then, Gravesend? Dagenham? Portsmouth?
Reply 6
Ok then, Gravesend? Dagenham? Portsmouth?

more like it.
Reply 7
Personally wouldnt risk moving up North with that attitude, youre likely to be bounced back down to your precious south spouting that kind of crap.
Even if you dont open your mouth and say things like that in public, the probable look of distate on your face will give you away.
Btw Northerners dont have much issue with southerners, just d*ckheads we can't abide :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
I hate the term 'home counties'.

Some parts of the North are like land time forgot though.
Reply 9
Original post by Ripper-Roo
I hate the term 'home counties'.

Some parts of the North are like land time forgot though.

So are some parts of the South...
I don't believe in a North-South divide. I believe in intolerant people.
Reply 11
So are some parts of the South...

yh even in da 'home countyz'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending