The Student Room Group

AQA AS Computing Skeleton Code 2014

Scroll to see replies

It's been an honour serving with you, gentlemen! Let's Shrek this exam!

Don't worry, it'll all be ogre soon.
Original post by donutellme

Done. So Done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dominicwild
There seems to be mixed thoughts on to whether you can use VB as a calculator in this exam. Since it doesn't directly address it in the rules of the exam. Soooooooo I'm confused in that regard.

Just do it. It's called making best use of the resources and my teacher said you could so... :biggrin:

Also anyone have any tips to wake up? I only got 4 hours of badly interrupted sleep last night which sucks because this exam probably requires the most thinking out of any including maths. I've had a cold shower (surprisingly effective), done some exercise but now I'm lost for ideas?

Ill try remember what i can after the exam in terms of answers and we can all discuss it :wink:!

Lets hope we all get the same!

Thanks again for your solutions mate, goodluck!
Original post by Froobee
Can I have a look please?

1 hour 39 minutes left....
gentlemen... Its been an honour helping you all
(Not that I did much)
Anyways just try your best and hope for the best
:biggrin:
Reply 385
does anyone have a pascal solution for giving the user 2 lives in pascal?? sorry this is last minute but I would really appreciate that! :smile: and good luck everyone!!!
Original post by vg8096
does anyone have a pascal solution for giving the user 2 lives in pascal?? sorry this is last minute but I would really appreciate that! :smile: and good luck everyone!!!

I don't have the solution, but all you do is add a variable called lives as integer = 2. Then whenever the player loses you check if lives = 0, if it does then gameover, but if not, you subtract 1 from it :smile:
Reply 387
I don't have the solution, but all you do is add a variable called lives as integer = 2. Then whenever the player loses you check if lives = 0, if it does then gameover, but if not, you subtract 1 from it :smile:

Oh my god thank you! :biggrin: Ive tried that though and it messes up the scores because the scores rely on the noofrecentscores and that constantly increases so it take it as you getting the points. would you also subtract lives from all the scores? thank you so much for the quick reply!!!!
Original post by khaaaaan
1 hour 39 minutes left....
gentlemen... Its been an honour helping you all
(Not that I did much)
Anyways just try your best and hope for the best
:biggrin:

Goodluck mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*cries*
Original post by vg8096
Oh my god thank you! :biggrin: Ive tried that though and it messes up the scores because the scores rely on the noofrecentscores and that constantly increases so it take it as you getting the points. would you also subtract lives from all the scores? thank you so much for the quick reply!!!!

You don't need to subtract lives. You can either create a separate variable for the scores or you could keep adding the scores even if they lose a life. Keeping them adding is easier, because you don't have to change anything :smile:
Reply 392
gd luck guyss :smile:
Was quite a nice exam, wish I looked at your solutions for probability so annoyed I didn't look at it!! That grey code algorithm took me ages! And section C was quite hard. The joker question was weird but I got it in the end! Hopefully got a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
I felt that was a good exam. The dry run was a bit confusing. I put that it converts to binary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said it converts to the grey code equivalent??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh maybe, I forgot all about Gray code!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Well I'm a tit. Kept the type of value I was returning for my probability as an integer, hence why it went from 1 to 0 for every follow on card. (I was doing % and then re-read the question and omitted to change it back to float)

Wasn't a bad exam I guess, apart from all the wrong answers :frown:
Yup, I think it was Gray Code :smile:

I'm actually retarded. I got the negative denary wrong for Section A because I accidently typed -54 instead of -74, and I got the binary point question wrong because I read it as 5 bits in front :frown: I had 30 mins left at the end and I still didn't check!! :cry:
Original post by Petick
Well I'm a tit. Kept the type of value I was returning for my probability as an integer, hence why it went from 1 to 0 for every follow on card. (I was doing % and then re-read the question and omitted to change it back to float)

Wasn't a bad exam I guess, apart from all the wrong answers :frown:

Oh the woes of Python :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending