The Student Room Group

Since the start of this year ( 2014) how much do you think you've spend on petrol?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Go through about £15 a week petrol so about £75.
Probably close on £1500
Reply 42
Reply 43
Average £85 a month. So approx £212.50 so far.

With exception of the cost of the car - I did a cost break down and considered insurance, tax, fuel, service/mot, savings for maintenace etc into a daily cost and that cost is cheaper than using public transport!
(edited 10 years ago)
I've done about 1,000 miles and paid about £150.

Fear me
Original post by DaveDavids

With exception of the cost of the car - I did a cost break down and considered insurance, tax, fuel, service/mot, savings for maintenace etc into a daily cost and that cost is cheaper than using public transport!

Original post by LJStudent
I've done about 1,000 miles and paid about £150.

Fear me

lol, peasents
Reply 46
In the region of £150-£200. I had a 1.0l Corsa, then I bought a 1.3l Ford KA so it uses slightly more petrol.
Reply 47
about £150 for around 1100 miles, seems like thats more or less the average
Reply 48
Original post by DaveDavids

I tried that once, insurance and petrol factored in at about £5 a day! Thats including days I wouldn't even use the car. So if you take the days I do use it only then that number would be higher... Didn't even factor in repairs+tax+mot into that equation :s-smilie: my tax is the most expensive bracket and my car has been needing repairs literally every couple of months since I got it.

So it's safe to say I'm making quite a loss, I would take a guess and assume that even taking taxi's everywhere will be cheaper in the long run.
Reply 49
About £360

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending