The Student Room Group

I want to move classes but I don't know how to say

??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you can't talk to your class teacher, could you talk to your head of year or tutor? If you're too embarrassed to speak to either of them- you could get your parent/s to write in explaining your situation?

There's no need to be embarrassed- the school will only want what is best for your education and won't want to make you feel uncomfortable! However it might be worth sticking it out for a bit longer: a girl in my class moved up a set and really struggled at first (with the teaching and faster pace) but within a month she'd settled in find and caught up completely!

Good luck!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by l.evans124
If you can't talk to your class teacher, could you talk to your head of year or tutor? If you're too embarrassed to speak to either of them- you could get your parent/s to write in explaining your situation?

There's no need to be embarrassed- the school will only want what is best for your education and won't want to make you feel uncomfortable! However it might be worth sticking it out for a bit longer: a girl in my class moved up a set and really struggled at first (with the teaching and faster pace) but within a month she'd settled in find and caught up completely!

Good luck!:smile:

was gonna sya the same thing although if you havent adjusted in a few months its probably wise to ask to move back down if thats what feels best. You get used to almost anything in the long run though, so id say stick at it!
I'm in S1 maths and lots of people have moved up from S2 before and then asked to go back down within a few days. It's fairly common, don't be afraid.
Reply 4
straight up front the teacher
happened to me, got moved up when I was achieving C's, and ended up with a ****ing D overall because of getting moved to a 'higher' set
Reply 5
Give it a go my mate got moved to my gcse maths set and she didnt like it at first but gave it time and ended up liking the class and geting a c in maths she did foundation before but got moved to higher

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest