The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i've never been asked for my number by a creep, but I also don't go out much lol
Nope, never :smile:
Any that aren't hot. :colonhash:

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
Nope, never :smile:

Only by guys on TSR :wink: ?
Why does it make them a creep? Surely it's flattering to be found attractive...
I haven't :tongue:
Ann Widdecombe?
Reply 9
I haven't fortunately
I recently thought, for the first time in my life, I was being chatted up on the street. Turned out it was one of those charity activists not wearing uniform. Mortifying.
Me.
Reply 12
I'm the creepy guy, oops
Reply 13
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Why does it make them a creep? Surely it's flattering to be found attractive...

But the way they show it is creepy and, most of the time, rude.
Reply 14
I once walked out of Subway and a car passing by slowed down, then a guy stuck his head out and threw a paper with his phone number at me.. All while making wooowing noises, of course.
Original post by majmuh24
Any that aren't hot. :colonhash:

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's just as creepy if they have the 'entitlement attitude' and a complete stranger, no matter how handsome' is trying to pressure you into things because you're supposed to just a submissive like a good little girl.

If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person, not just trying to get you in the back of their car and telling you you should suck their dick or otherwise being intimidating, it's a different matter no matter what they look like. So many guys act like they have a right to control me or make me hand over my number and tell them where I'm going/where I live just because he saw me. It makes me feel awkward and vulnerable.
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
No it's just as creepy if they have the 'entitlement attitude' and a complete stranger, no matter how handsome' is trying to pressure you into things because you're supposed to just a submissive like a good little girl.

If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person, not just trying to get you in the back of their car and telling you you should suck their dick or otherwise being intimidating, it's a different matter no matter what they look like. So many guys act like they have a right to control me or make me hand over my number and tell them where I'm going/where I live just because he saw me. It makes me feel awkward and vulnerable.

To be fair, if a guy randomly started talking to you in the street, what else would you expect him to be interested in aside from sex? You might be a very interesting person in your own right, but he doesn't know that, so he will obviously be going purely on looks.
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person,

Really? I've always been under the impression that showing an interest in a girl on the street without already knowing them is a sure-fire way to get Mace'd/questioned by PCSOs. So some people would be open to the idea of having someone express an interest in them out of the blue, then? O_O

Original post by yo radical one
To be fair, if a guy randomly started talking to you in the street, what else would you expect him to be interested in aside from sex? You might be a very interesting person in your own right, but he doesn't know that, so he will obviously be going purely on looks.

Depends on the context. To use a pretty cliched example, say you met a girl who you saw walking out of a bookshop. If you asked them about the kind of things they enjoy reading, how would they react? Obviously a lot of it would be based on how they look and present themselves, but there's still enough to give some indication of their personality!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
I feel sorry for them tbh. It's none of the man's business (but somehow he is never told that...)
No wonder some guys suffer from such confidence issues when the society in which they live in breeds fear within them .

What I imagine goes through some lads heads :

Example A

Hmm should I talk to this fit girl walking down the road ? Oh my god shes so hot

Brain :

Nahh she's probably going to think im a creep or a rapist ...

Example B

Dayummm this girl at my bus stop is fly as hell , I wonder what she's doing today . Should I talk to her ?

Brain : Are you nuts ? You don't talk to any girls unless you already know them . She's going to think your a creep or a rapist man ...

Isn't it wierd how things have become ?

Latest