The Student Room Group

Woman jailed for just TWO YEARS after having sex with boy aged eight.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Comus
Neither of them are 'just being touched', in both cases its sex. And ye can provide evidence via links to peer reviewed studies.

One is being penetrated, the other is not. You're asking for evidence that I don't believe exists.
Reply 181
Original post by pjm600
You're asking for evidence that I don't believe exists.

Well then until such a time as a peer-reviewed study can be found we must accept the null hypothesis, happy? :rolleyes:
Millions are dying atm due to severe illness, wars etc. And we are talking about one person. SMH
Reply 183
Original post by Comus
Well then until such a time as a peer-reviewed study can be found we must accept the null hypothesis, happy? :rolleyes:

That's such a poor argument. Is it more psychologically damaging to stub your toe, cut your hand off or be raped?

I don't think there's been a study done on it so we can't say, can we?

If you can't form an opinion without a peer reviewed journal article, that's fine.
Reply 184
Original post by pjm600
That's such a poor argument. Is it more psychologically damaging to stub your toe, cut your hand off or be raped?

I don't think there's been a study done on it so we can't say, can we?

If you can't form an opinion without a peer reviewed journal article, that's fine.

One could quite easily do a meta study in that case, it wouldn't be that difficult.

As I've already said, ethically and morally speaking, sex without consent is rape - regardless of who the victim is.

Well its just I would rather base my opinions on evidence rather than conjecture and flawed heuristics.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kishothangathura
Millions are dying atm due to severe illness, wars etc. And we are talking about one person. SMH

wow, so people are inescapably dying in the world, therefore we can't talk about anything else. productive...I guess we'd better release the rapists because millions are dying
Reply 186
Original post by michaelhaych
8 year olds have no attitude towards sex

I don't know that for sure, but assuming it is true, he will grow up to have one. In one instance he could grow up to feel that he was violated, and in another he could grow up to feel he was lucky, supposing his view was susceptible to being influenced by his attitude towards sex.
Original post by Comus
I'd agree but its difficult to legislate for given the possibility of a male perpetrator throwing out a counter-accusation simply to muddy the waters. Though certainly in clear cut cases it should count as rape.

You think people being accused of domestic violence or sexual assault haven't already tried that one before?
Reply 188
Original post by andrew2209
You think people being accused of domestic violence or sexual assault haven't already tried that one before?

I'm sorry? I didn't deny that false counter-accusations (where the perpetrator throws out a similar accusation against their victim) happen because they do, merely that such legislation could potentially widen the scope for these situations - meaning we have to be careful.
(edited 9 years ago)
If she was a man she would have been sentenced to five years minimum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending