The Student Room Group

kicked out of uni

not told anyone. what do i do? can't tell my family and friends. it's my own fault i'm not looking for sympathy. what happens with my student finance? has anyone else had this experience who can offer me advice?
Reply 1
Your family and friends will notice at some point. What you going to do when your parents expect to come to your graduation? You need to tell them even though it's not going to be pleasant.

You need to notify the relevant student finance body. The loan/grant payments will stop from the date you left uni so tell them asap so you don't end up with a payment you aren't entitled to. You'll pay back whatever the debt the same as anyone else, once you start making over the threshold amount.

More generally, you will probably want to go sign on if you don't have a job that you can do over 16hrs/week. You need to start working on a plan for what you want to do now- depending on what happen you might want to consider other sorts of education.
Why did u get kicked out
Your student finance will stop, and you'll have to repay any overpayment pro rata.

You need to tell your family though - I know it's crap, but they're going to find out sooner or later.
The whole situation your in sucks and I cannot imagine how I would feel in your place.

Hope you're coping. What was the cause???

Advice above is best.
Reply 5
Just tell people you didnt like the course or not sure uni is for you and will apply again in the future

In the mean time fiend a apprentership
I know someone from Sydney who dropped out in Scotland. He didn't tell his parents but of course they eventually found that out.

He regretted pretending that he didn't drop out.
Tell your parents asap. I got more or less kicked out as I stopped attending my classes and was way behind and I wad ashamed.to tell.my mum for months but she.finally found out.

It is difficult at first but.get it out in the open so you can start rethinking your options. You'll most likely need to pay back for the amount you've used in tuition fees/student funding or the year so my advice is:
Tell your parents
Get in touch with people who funded your course and set up a payment plan
Sign on for.jsa and start looking for a course or job that would interest you more

Good luck op :-)
Tell them ASAP. This is a bad situation that will only get worse if you leave it longer.

Do you want to tell us more about your situation? I won't be judgemental.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending