The Student Room Group

You are too old to party age 22, thoughts?

Lots of people seem to say this. Bothers me. Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

What a load of rubbish. You party until you want to.
Reply 2
I'm not sure I would ever willingly describe myself as having "partied" but 22 is nowhere near too old to be going out drinking.
Reply 3
I agree party all you want and ignore what others say.
I feel like I'm kind of over the whole going clubbing regularly thing - the novelty wore off a while back, and pubs are more my thing nowadays. However, that's always going to be something that happens at different times for everyone. If you feel like you've still got it, go for it :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
As a 22 year old, I very much beg to differ.
Having said that, it's half 11 on a friday night and I'm curled up on the sofa in my onesie :unimpressed:
I think a lot of people start to get tired of it by that age but who are they to judge if you still feel like it?
No. Period.
Original post by Donald Duck
No. Period.

So you're saying that 14 is when it's too old?
If you're fit enough to keep busting the moves til 7am, then it doesnt matter how old you are. Bring back proper E's.
I very strongly disagree with that. Do whatever you want. There no age where it's "too old" to do something.

I would seriously doubt someone's intelligence if they said "you are too old to party at 22". It doesn't make any sense - what is it about being aged 22 that would prevent you from doing so?
(edited 10 years ago)
I guess it's due to the fact that University for most people ends when they are 21. At that age they're supposed/ expected to have a graduate job and be mature and getting pissed would seem a bit weird. They may not look old but they/ others might feel that way.
Reply 12
Original post by L'Etudiant
I guess it's due to the fact that University for most people ends when they are 21. At that age they're supposed/ expected to have a graduate job and be mature and getting pissed would seem a bit weird. They may not look old but they/ others might feel that way.

So then at the dawn of my 22nd birthday I'm supposed to spend weekends watching Flog It and antiques roadshow with my slippers on and suddenly turn into a fully sophisticated grown up? How the hell does that work.
Original post by emilyjc17
So then at the dawn of my 22nd birthday I'm supposed to spend weekends watching Flog It and antiques roadshow with my slippers on and suddenly turn into a fully sophisticated grown up? How the hell does that work.

That is not my opinion, that's just the way some people view it unfortunately. I will be starting my degree at age 21 so I sure hope not a lot of people think this way!
Reply 14
Original post by SophiaKeuning
What a load of rubbish. You party until you want to.

Lol theres a point in life where you need to stop partying otherwise you're a full on loser.

But that said, 22 is nowhere near that point, perfectly fine to go out and party.
Reply 15
Wow, I've read it all now. You do know that in the USA (and in several countries I think) you are not even allowed to party (buy alcohol) until 21!
Absolute load of rubbish. I'm 30 and my husband is 37 and we have a night out clubbing planned for 9th May. We might not get out very OFTEN these days (last time we went out was 20th December), but that doesn't mean we're old fuddy duddies who don't want to get out.

Age is just a number. You don't really age inside you know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hazard17
Lol theres a point in life where you need to stop partying otherwise you're a full on loser.

In whose opinion? If anybody wants to think someone else is a loser, that's on them. It really has no bearing on the person who is living their life the way they want to.
Reply 18
Lol 22 is too old to party? :rofl: That's ridiculous.
Depends what party? I wasn't allowed in a child's tea party despite being 18.

The kids mum was not happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending