The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into KCL... I applied for LLB Law and Law Philosophy and Politics, with an IB 38 and 766 at HLs...
I got an offer from QMUL, rejection from LSE, ad still waiting on Surrey... QMUL is great but Kings would definitely be my first choice (hence my choice to apply to two courses)
Took my LNAT October 15th- I can't even tell if it went well or not considering I got 32/45 on some practices ones but 17/42 on others... aghhhhh help??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :smile:
Original post by isi183
Hi! I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into KCL... I applied for LLB Law and Law Philosophy and Politics, with an IB 38 and 766 at HLs...
I got an offer from QMUL, rejection from LSE, ad still waiting on Surrey... QMUL is great but Kings would definitely be my first choice (hence my choice to apply to two courses)
Took my LNAT October 15th- I can't even tell if it went well or not considering I got 32/45 on some practices ones but 17/42 on others... aghhhhh help??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :smile:

I'm also an IB student applying for two LLB courses at King's (Law + Law and German) and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm predicted 40 points with 776 HL and I'm not sure how the LNAT went. When do you think we'll hear back?

Oh and by the way, I currently have an offer from Bristol but I got rejected from Oxford.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jimmy007uk
Dang, sorry to hear that! Have you heard back from any others? And when did UCL get back to you?

No, just nottingham and kings so far! And they rejected me late november I think :smile:
Original post by CiaranAndrew
wow congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear from Kings as I only did my LNAT on the 22nd December :/ could I ask what your AS/GCSE/predictions were? Thanks in advance !!

Gcse: 6A*s 8As
AS: AABB (though extremely close to AAAB)
Predictions: A*AA

I did my LNAT really early I think? I did mine early October to get it out of the way hahah, hope you hear back from them! I'm sure you will :smile:
Original post by ecornwell97
Gcse: 6A*s 8As
AS: AABB (though extremely close to AAAB)
Predictions: A*AA

I did my LNAT really early I think? I did mine early October to get it out of the way hahah, hope you hear back from them! I'm sure you will :smile:

Wow yeah thats a lot earlier than me aha. I initially booked it for about mid November but just panicked and booked it later so I had more time to 'prepare' for it. To be honest, I wish i'd just gotten it over with earlier. Thanks very much, I really hope so :cry2:
Original post by rachelberry
Gap year offer holder too!​Is UCL your first choice?

Yes! I'm not getting the invites to the open days though :frown: but I went last year so it's okay
Original post by rachelberry
Gap year offer holder too!​Is UCL your first choice?

What are you doing during your gap year? I was a bit worried I'd be one of the only gap year students when I got there!
Original post by MG1762
I'm also an IB student applying for two LLB courses at King's (Law + Law and German) and I'm still waiting to hear back. I'm predicted 40 points with 776 HL and I'm not sure how the LNAT went. When do you think we'll hear back?

Oh and by the way, I currently have an offer from Bristol but I got rejected from Oxford.

we may well be seeing each other next year - ive also applied for law with german to kings and have an offer from bristol, so i'll be going to one of them!
Yo lads wassup

I am a current legal fresher at Cambridge. Hit me up with some Qs

I also took a gap yah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thewagwag
Yo lads wassup

I also took a gap yah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it bad if you felt like one of your law interviews went well but the other badly?

Does Law make you want to die?

Which clubs have the best nights and cheap drinks? (Not law related but still important)

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do universities start sending offers again after Xmas break?
Yo lads wassup

I also took a gap yah

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you do in your gap year and what were your stats? :smile:
Yo lads wassup

I also took a gap yah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you even lift?
Original post by bored565
Do you even lift?

Good question brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
When are the offer holder days for Kings, UCL and Nottingham?
Original post by Posiedon12
(1) Is it bad if you felt like one of your law interviews went well but the other badly?

(2) Does Law make you want to die?

(3) Which clubs have the best nights and cheap drinks? (Not law related but still important)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(1) Everyone's interviews were bad. They don't even matter very much so I wouldn't worry.
(2) Not at all. Law is interesting, but it is a lot of work if you want it to be. But it's certainly less work than science/HSPS/a lot of other subjects. Bear in mind the only compulsory things are 2 90 minute supervisions a week. You don't have to do the reading/go to lectures if you don't want to.
(3) Your best bet for cheap drinks are the college bar (mine stops drinks at 11) or Sainsbury's. Nights depend on the day. Wednesday is Cindies. Sunday most people go to Life (bring some old shoes). But Cambridge's night life has just been voted one of the worst in the UK for students.

Original post by andreastitan
What did you do in your gap year and what were your stats? :smile:

I did some work in a barristers chambers, worked in a bookshop for a month or so, traveled and did an internship in Parliament
Original post by bored565
Do you even lift?

I do yes, but the college gyms don't do freeweights
Anyone here applied for law with French law at Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1998
Original post by piddym7
Anyone here applied for law with French law at Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have! Do you know of anyone who's heard back for the course? I've been waiting since September.
is it just me on here sending the ucas off next week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending