The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andreastitan
Usually on the Mark shepard one I get 30-34 but I'm going to do a mock LNAT now from practice and pass so I'll let you know :smile: which is more realistic?

The mock LNAT! However, the real thing's passages were sooooo much longer
Original post by Quantaˌ
Regarding the LNAT, can you start the essay section early? So if you manage to finish the multiple-choice in an hour, can you move onto the essay section and spend an hour on that?

No you can't do that :smile: you don't really need longer than 40 minutes for the essay anyway, it's more than enough time considering the word limit. Also, you need all the time for the multiple choice questions and more. I ran out of time and had to rush through the last 4 passages!

(Did it yesterday)
Original post by rachwilko03
No you can't do that :smile: you don't really need longer than 40 minutes for the essay anyway, it's more than enough time considering the word limit. Also, you need all the time for the multiple choice questions and more. I ran out of time and had to rush through the last 4 passages!

(Did it yesterday)

Thanks for the help! I was just checking in case that happened. I'll probably need all the time anyway for the multiple-choice section...

(Did it yesterday)

Completely agree with you! I did mine this morning and rushed the last four as well! I didn't get time to review them but hey ho...
I did my LNAT this morning and I think it went horrible…. I did the sample papers supplied by the official website and got around 22. Does anyone know how much KCL would value the LNAT, especially when I have strong AS+GCSEs but a really weak LNAT?
Original post by acireric
I did my LNAT this morning and I think it went horrible…. I did the sample papers supplied by the official website and got around 22. Does anyone know how much KCL would value the LNAT, especially when I have strong AS+GCSEs but a really weak LNAT?

I rang them and they told me that last year they had a cut off of 21, but they don't know what it will be this year. I'm not sure how lenient that is, however.
I've applied to Cambridge BA Law (Downing), Leicester (Law with Politics, LLB), KCL (Politics, Philosophy & Law, LLB), Leeds (Law LLB), Warwick (Law LLB) :smile: I got AAAA at AS and have done quite a bit of extra stuff too so I'm hoping for at least one/two offers (that's all you need at the end of the day!)

I do, however, think my LNAT went terribly so KCL might be less achievable :frown:
Original post by JesssicaMary
Hey!

I've been looking at Cambridge, Nottingham, Bristol, UCL and i'm undecided on my 5th one. I was going to go with University of Law, but quite a lot of people have told me not to apply if I want to do the Law LLB course. KCL is one that i'm on the fence about!

I currently study English Literature, Geography and Government and Politics.

My advice is don't put too many LNAT choices
Original post by Missgeehughes
I rang them and they told me that last year they had a cut off of 21, but they don't know what it will be this year. I'm not sure how lenient that is, however.

I am an international student and they told me the cut off was 26 last year for internationals:frown::frown:
I am an international student and they told me the cut off was 26 last year for internationals:frown::frown:

Oh, yes, they told me that too- which sucks!
Does anyone know about LNAT cut-off scores for Bristol?
Does anyone know about LNAT cut-off scores for Bristol?

I also rang bristol and they don't have a cut off, but they take it into account by 25% :smile: I believe they do a point scoring system (I could be wrong) so you get points for a strong PS, Lnat etc
I also rang bristol and they don't have a cut off, but they take it into account by 25% :smile: I believe they do a point scoring system (I could be wrong) so you get points for a strong PS, Lnat etc

Oh, that's helpful. I do believe that they do points as well :wink: I tried ringing Bristol but they did not pick up.
Oh, that's helpful. I do believe that they do points as well :wink: I tried ringing Bristol but they did not pick up.

yeah, they were hard to get hold of, I rang about 5 times consecutively *annoying student* :colondollar: I didn't end up applying however!
The mock LNAT! However, the real thing's passages were sooooo much longer

They were longer than mark shepards book's passages?
yeah, they were hard to get hold of, I rang about 5 times consecutively *annoying student* :colondollar: I didn't end up applying however!

I considering replacing KCL with Bristol
I considering replacing KCL with Bristol

Good choice! KCL is wonderful, I got a scholarship at their pre-university school for two weeks over the summer and it's such a marv university :biggrin:
Good choice! KCL is wonderful, I got a scholarship at their pre-university school for two weeks over the summer and it's such a marv university :biggrin:

Nah I don't think my LNAT will meet KCL's requirements. I'm doing the other way round :frown:
Nah I don't think my LNAT will meet KCL's requirements. I'm doing the other way round :frown:

Oops sorry, I misread that. Bristol is excellent anyway so I'm sure you'd be happy at any of them! Where else are you applying?
Oops sorry, I misread that. Bristol is excellent anyway so I'm sure you'd be happy at any of them! Where else are you applying?

It's ok :smile: Oxford Durham KCL(not even sure right now) Warwick Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending