The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Offer from UEA and Exeter today!
My LNAT is tomorrow and until now I hadn't selected Oxford or Nottingham as universities I intend to apply to!! :eek:

If I did not do this would Pearson be unable to send Oxford and Nottingham my LNAT results (and therefore receive an outright rejection) ?!
Original post by robhughes
My LNAT is tomorrow and until now I hadn't selected Oxford or Nottingham as universities I intend to apply to!! :eek:

If I did not do this would Pearson be unable to send Oxford and Nottingham my LNAT results (and therefore receive an outright rejection) ?!

No, if you log on to your LNAT account, you can change your uni choices, so they will send your results to your new unis. I had the same worry but it takes a few minutes to sort out online.
Original post by GeorgiaL16
Offer from UEA and Exeter today!

Did you get AAA or AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rppower
Congratulations! Out of interest, how long did they take to give you a decision? What is your offer? And what were your as grades?
I've applied there too but have no idea how long I should expect to wait though (it's my only choice that doesn't give a general idea of waiting times).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied about a week and a half ago, AAAB at AS, predicted A*A*A*, they gave me an offer of AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
Original post by AlexSpecter
Applied about a week and a half ago, AAAB at AS, predicted A*A*A*, they gave me an offer of AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool so a pretty quick response then and that's exactly the same as me! What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
offer from exeter today!
Original post by AlexSpecter
Did you get AAA or AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB, I was really pleased! How about you?
Original post by Tomatoes
offer from exeter today!

What offer did you get? :smile:
Original post by samsun_
Offer from UEA

Did you apply for the straight LLB Law course? :smile:
What offer did you get? :smile:

AAB, what were your AS/A2 predictions
Original post by Tomatoes
AAB, what were your AS/A2 predictions

AS: AABCC

A level predictions: AAAAA

How about you? :smile:
Original post by rppower
Oh cool so a pretty quick response then and that's exactly the same as me! What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

French, Spanish and History!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you apply for the straight LLB Law course? :smile:

yes
How important is spelling in the LNAT essay? I'm afraid that I might have misspelt 'politicians' in most of the essay. For some reason, whenever I'm typing fast it comes out as 'polticians'. How much would I be penalised for something like this?
Original post by Quantaˌ
How important is spelling in the LNAT essay? I'm afraid that I might have misspelt 'politicians' in most of the essay. For some reason, whenever I'm typing fast it comes out as 'polticians'. How much would I be penalised for something like this?

I would say that it's pretty important, but really depends on the importance of the mistake. However, it's not like they won't like your essay because you made two-three mistakes. The structure is what's important!

For some reason though I believe we had the same essay choice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
I would say that it's pretty important, but really depends on the importance of the mistake. However, it's not like they won't like your essay because you made two-three mistakes. The structure is what's important!

For some reason though I believe we had the same essay choice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ran out of time in the end to check over it. How important would a mistake like mine be? Anyway, it seems that certain questions do crop up again. Talking to a few others, it seems that my essay choices weren't as bad as others.
Original post by Quantaˌ
I ran out of time in the end to check over it. How important would a mistake like mine be? Anyway, it seems that certain questions do crop up again. Talking to a few others, it seems that my essay choices weren't as bad as others.

I can't really say, as it depends on the person reading it (who is of course much more qualified than me to say). However, for me, this mistake is negligible. They know that time can be very stressful, especially since we're not allowed a break, so I can imagine they may see it as a natural one.

The single most important thing about the LNAT essay is the structure. Not your -subjective- opinions, but instead how you present these in an eloquent and clear manner.

The only thing I fear about my topic was how much I wrote about it. I reached the limit and had to alter a few words to get it back to 748. Hopefully they won't penalise me too much on the grounds of "economy of expression".
Just finished my LNAT. I accidentally navigated onto the review section of the essay before writing anything, when I clicked 'end review', rather than taking me back to the questions I got a message saying I finished the exam.

Right now I'm stressed as **** because all five of my choices require LNAT and I don't have an essay to show them..

The test centre guy filed an incident meaning LNAT may allow me to retake the exam, however the oxford deadline is on Monday.

Will it reflect badly on me - the fact that I have taken the exam twice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robhughes
Just finished my LNAT. I accidentally navigated onto the review section of the essay before writing anything, when I clicked 'end review', rather than taking me back to the questions I got a message saying I finished the exam.

Right now I'm stressed as **** because all five of my choices require LNAT and I don't have an essay to show them..

The test centre guy filed an incident meaning LNAT may allow me to retake the exam, however the oxford deadline is on Monday.

Will it reflect badly on me - the fact that I have taken the exam twice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it would reflect badly.

But, I don't think you'll be allowed to retake the exam: they could argue that if you had used the simulator, this would have been avoided. But more importantly, the instructions at the beginning of the test told you what the buttons did and you had 10 minutes to read the instructions. I'm not trying to criticise you but saying what Pearson might argue.

Edit: After rereading, you might have a small chance seeing as you didn't write anything at all. But, from Pearson's perspective, people might use this to force a retake if they didn't like the essay questions. But, email the LNAT Consortium mentioning the incident number and explaining the situation. They would know what to do and whether Oxford would accept a retake after the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending