The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tt333
Hi I have received offers from Kings, Warwick and Leeds. Has anyone heard from Bristol? Or has anyone got a Cambridge interview yet?

I also received an invitation for an interview at Newnham on December, 8 :smile:
Original post by xjaye
If anyone has applied to: Cardiff, Newcastle, Reading or Liverpool, how long did it take for them to give you an offer and what was the offer? :smile:

Applied to Newcastle got a conditional offer of AAA around 8 days after applying :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got an A*AA offer from QMUL on friday! my first offer so i'm well excited :h:
Original post by s18l
Hi! Are any of the King's offer holders international applicants? Getting a little worried and my last name starts with L...

I'm an international applicant to King's and my last name begins from R. They only asked for like any current academic transcripts. :s-smilie: No decision yet, I'm worried.
Reply 1384
Original post by Ritica17
I'm an international applicant to King's and my last name begins from R. They only asked for like any current academic transcripts. :s-smilie: No decision yet, I'm worried.

They didn't even ask me for academic transcripts. Did they send you an e-mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s18l
They didn't even ask me for academic transcripts. Did they send you an e-mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. I got a message from them in the King's MyApplication website.
Original post by jana.dms
What were your results? I applied there and haven't heard anything back!

Not sure if that was for me, but my predicted grades are 90%. I go to an Indian CBSE school.
What were your grades? I also applied for law with 43 IB points, but haven't heard anything back.
Original post by indigorain
Just got an offer for law at Durham!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What grades are you predicted? I applied with 43 IB points, but haven't heard anything back.
Email from Bristol saying they're still considering my application- I'm getting so bored of waiting!! Offers from Exeter (AAA) and Newcastle (AAA or unconditional if it's my first choice). Also waiting on Oxford and Durham
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
Congrats!! That's amazing! I really really want an offer from King's :frown: may I ask what your grades were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I'm sure you'll be fine!
I got 10.5 A*s at GCSE, AAAB at AS (plus an A in general studies) and predicted A*A*A*A* this year and an A* in my EPQ ☺️
Original post by annatranter
I haven't heard back from Kings yet either :frown: do you know if they send out offers in alphabetical order? or is it just random?

I don't think it is alphabetical order as I have a friend with last name beginning with C and my last name begins with T. I'm not sure though maybe it is by application date// when they receive your LNAT?
Original post by emmaappleton
Email from Bristol saying they're still considering my application- I'm getting so bored of waiting!! Offers from Exeter (AAA) and Newcastle (AAA or unconditional if it's my first choice). Also waiting on Oxford and Durham

What were your grades/work experience ect. I also got an offer from Newcastle but it was a conditional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
Has anyone applied for Law qualifying, (MLP) at huddersfield, and what do you think of it?
Original post by rachwilko03
What were your grades/work experience ect. I also got an offer from Newcastle but it was a conditional!

Posted from TSR Mobile

11A*s GCSE, 4As AS, A*A*A predictions :smile: I spent some time following a barrister acting as a judge in a crown court, and work experience at Jones day. I didn't do that much compared to some people. And yourself?
Hi I'm applying to LSE for law,and have a weak application,does anyone know someone who got in with a similar application:
Gcse:5A*3A2B
AS levels:AAAB(Hist,econ,math,psychology)
Predicted:3A*A
ECA:s-smilie:ummer school at Cambridge for law,Vice captain of my boxing team at school
Personal statement:Very good(according to my counsellor)
Course applied for: Law - 3 years
AS results AABC
GCSE's 5 A's 7 B's 1 C
Work experience: DLA Piper, Hill Dickinson, I'm on the Pathways to Law programme http://www.suttontrust.com/programmes/pathways-to-law/ (Big advantage tbh I suggest you read about it)
Extra curricular: worked in family business, Sixth form president, Amnesty Human Rights Youth Action Group, Managing Director for our school's Young Enterprise team, Year 11 Prefect and Student Voice Chairperson, Represented school's football, basketball, cricket captain, athletics, boxing and handball teams, started debate club in sixth form, observed employment tribunal, mock trial at Manchester County Court etc.

Choices:
Oxford - Unrealistic but became inspired to apply)
Leeds - Conditional offer AAA
University of Manchester - Conditional offer AAB (general offer is AAA but reduced due to Pathways)
University of Liverpool - Conditional offer ABB
Manchester Metropolitan University - Conditional offer 300 UCAS points
Original post by emmaappleton
11A*s GCSE, 4As AS, A*A*A predictions :smile: I spent some time following a barrister acting as a judge in a crown court, and work experience at Jones day. I didn't do that much compared to some people. And yourself?

Oh wow! I had 4A* 4A 3B. Got AAAB at AS and predicted A* A* A. (Gcse not the best but good for my school)

I shadowed a barrister, shadowed a solicitor, spent time at Gordon's solicitors, did a residential with Leeds uni for law and I've visited courts loadsss

Good luck!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mozzy I applied to man met for law an they offered me an offer with BBB how come you got 300 points and my predicted grades are AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarteeliax
Mozzy I applied to man met for law an they offered me an offer with BBB how come you got 300 points and my predicted grades are AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

One B at A-level is equivalent to 100 UCAS points, so BBB would be 300 UCAS points... I'd assume you both got the same offer, simply read it in different ways:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending