The Student Room Group

Finishing only 1 year of Uni and Qualifications

Hi, I am in a situation where before I got into Uni, I had 200 Tariff points. The University I initially wanted required 280 points. So I ended up going to a different Uni that I could meet the entry requirements of.

7 months later, here I am unsure about my current future at this University. I wanted to know, that if I where to complete only the first year of this university. Would I gain any sort of qualification from the Uni? or something that could contribute towards the 200 tariff points I already have? as I am considering on changing universities and am wondering if I could still somehow reach that 280 points milestone. Thanks very much
Original post by blobsart
Hi, I am in a situation where before I got into Uni, I had 200 Tariff points. The University I initially wanted required 280 points. So I ended up going to a different Uni that I could meet the entry requirements of.

7 months later, here I am unsure about my current future at this University. I wanted to know, that if I where to complete only the first year of this university. Would I gain any sort of qualification from the Uni? or something that could contribute towards the 200 tariff points I already have? as I am considering on changing universities and am wondering if I could still somehow reach that 280 points milestone. Thanks very much

Nope it would not add to your tariff points.
If your grades are good enough in that first year, they make overlook the missing points.
Best bet is calling them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Retroandbeyond
Nope it would not add to your tariff points.
If your grades are good enough in that first year, they make overlook the missing points.
Best bet is calling them :smile:

Thanks
No don't think so. I think if you do 2 years you get a higher education certificate. But not one.
The university may award you a CertHE if you finish the year. This is a qualification equivalent to the first year of uni, and doesn't attract any UCAS points. However, UCAS points aren't everything - the relevant uni may be willing to accept a CertHE in lieu of the UCAS points - you'll have to ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending