The Student Room Group

Can I still get a first (essay)?

Hey guys,

So I've just re-read one of my assignments--which I stupidly rushed, and whilst the content and bibliography was very good, I made some grammatical mistakes as well as got one of the dates confused.

I was wondering if it is possible to still get a first in an essay despite it having some silly mistakes (I'm in first year)?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Aramel
Hey guys,

So I've just re-read one of my assignments--which I stupidly rushed, and whilst the content and bibliography was very good, I made some grammatical mistakes as well as got one of the dates confused.

I was wondering if it is possible to still get a first in an essay despite it having some silly mistakes (I'm in first year)?

Thanks.

It very much depends on the rest of the content, grammar and relevance. IMO it's almost impossible for anyone to give an accurate answer without having read it.

I'd say you probably could. Don't think the score of specific pieces of work matters too much in first year, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
Reply 2
I don't know about your marking scheme but to get a first you generally need to have taken an original approach. If its just a great analysis then 2'1 is probably the ceiling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending