The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by feelinginfinite
Thankyou! :biggrin: Okay I'm less worried now, they're soo friendly- I really want to work there now. That makes sense :colondollar: I was thinking sultana of soap/rockstar/miranda... They just sound nice to try, or do you have any recommendations? :biggrin:

I've only recently tried Sultana of Soap and loved it! And I love Rockstar (It's my favourite soap!) and Miranda too. Great choices! Have you ever tried Honey I Washed The Kids? It's like a cult favourite in LUSH :h:
Original post by MysteryPass
I've only recently tried Sultana of Soap and loved it! And I love Rockstar (It's my favourite soap!) and Miranda too. Great choices! Have you ever tried Honey I Washed The Kids? It's like a cult favourite in LUSH :h:

I haven't tried that but I've always wanted too- I LOVE the smell of honey :rolleyes: thanks, I'll try it out!
I swear by ultrabland, ro's argan body conditioner, snow fairy and charity pot.
Also their perfumes are really nice, Imogene rose and vanillary are my favourites.
Does anyone stock up on snow fairy during the Christmas sales?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Lauranbrianna
I swear by ultrabland, ro's argan body conditioner, snow fairy and charity pot.
Also their perfumes are really nice, Imogene rose and vanillary are my favourites.
Does anyone stock up on snow fairy during the Christmas sales?

I swear by Ultrabland too, it's amazing! I usually buy a bottle or two of Snow Fairy but by the middle of the year I get sick of it. So I'll only buy one bottle this year. I have Ro's, but I think I prefer the Shower Smoothies, but I'm gonna keep using Ro's to see if I can get used to it more.
So the new Christmas products have been released online and in the new LUSH Times. What does everyone think of them? :h:
I thought here would be the best place to ask this to all you lushies!

I want a product that will make my body smell nice for several hours after using it. BUT I don't want it to be a perfume :colondollar: Preferably a soap/ shower gel/smoothie/scrub/jelly?

I've only used bath bombs before and found their scents don't stay on me.
I quite like fruity scents but open to try new things! - any suggestions on which products would leave a lasting smell? :redface: :tongue:
Original post by feelinginfinite
I thought here would be the best place to ask this to all you lushies!

I want a product that will make my body smell nice for several hours after using it. BUT I don't want it to be a perfume :colondollar: Preferably a soap/ shower gel/smoothie/scrub/jelly?

I've only used bath bombs before and found their scents don't stay on me.
I quite like fruity scents but open to try new things! - any suggestions on which products would leave a lasting smell? :redface: :tongue:

I find some of their soaps, bubble bars and even bath bombs leave a subtle smell on my skin after using them. I would recommend their new Fun product as well, for £5 you get a big chunk of product which can be used as skin soap, like a bubble bar or as playdoh lol you only need a bit at a time as well for a really bubbly bath so it would last for ages.
I'm a bit of a lush virgin (I know gasp of horror!) and just discovered their shop pretty local to me and the face-masks really caught my eye! Does anybody have any recommendations? My skin can get quite dry on my forehead it's dry/normal I'd say. Also any other fab must/have products anybody would like to share? Thanks :smile:
Original post by sarah.102
I'm a bit of a lush virgin (I know gasp of horror!) and just discovered their shop pretty local to me and the face-masks really caught my eye! Does anybody have any recommendations? My skin can get quite dry on my forehead it's dry/normal I'd say. Also any other fab must/have products anybody would like to share? Thanks :smile:

Not a face mask, but try their 'let the good times roll' cleanser. Smells sooo yummy and leaves skin super moisturised.

Fab products? I adore their perfumes, won't suggest one cause its such a personal thing, but once I tried solid perfumes I was a convert, good value, last long and really subtle to put on and great to carry around.

Their dry shampoo is amazing. I do t like soaps or baths, but flying fox shower gel is simply so ...lush!

As for shampoo, I've recently turned to solid perfumes and loved godiva. Such a heavenly scent (matches flying fox) and good value. It a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner so saves me so much time but leaves hair soft and clean :-)

Their tiny hands moisturiser is also lovely, fits in a body butter tin so no hassle to carry around, super moisturizing and isn't greasy at all cause it has talc in it too.

Hope this has given you some ideas for stuff to try out! I'm a lushie haha :tongue:
I'm a massive lushie, and I also work there so if anyone has any questions feel free to give me a shout.

Has anyone tried their new colour range? The liquid lipsticks are gorgeous! I just reviewed one on my blog if you want to check it out: http://flowersatdawn.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/lush-colour-drive-lipstick.html.
Original post by sarah.102

The Oatifix face mask is great for dry or sensitive skin. It's full of fresh bananas and oatmeal which are so good for moisturizing the skin without any irritation. :smile:
Original post by truthandtragedy
I'm a massive lushie, and I also work there so if anyone has any questions feel free to give me a shout.

hi! I've got horribly dry skin in the winter around my mouth and on my chin, what do you think I could use to fix it? I also tried samples of the moisturisers for dry skin and none worked :frown: I was having a look at the full of grace serum bar, do you know if I can get a sample of that cause its solid? Just cause lush is harsh on a student budget and I've had reactions before to some of their stuff so I always try and get a sample before buying!
Reply 2432
I liked the lush stuff but there were 2 problems. Firstly the price! Secondly the soap (honey I washed the kids) smelt amazing but fell in my bath and completely melted so that was £4 down the drain literally. and the creams are nothing special I think. I shall stick with nivea methinks.
Original post by TaraBelle
hi! I've got horribly dry skin in the winter around my mouth and on my chin, what do you think I could use to fix it? I also tried samples of the moisturisers for dry skin and none worked :frown: I was having a look at the full of grace serum bar, do you know if I can get a sample of that cause its solid? Just cause lush is harsh on a student budget and I've had reactions before to some of their stuff so I always try and get a sample before buying!

Full of Grace is lovely! The tropical butters and portobello mushrooms are really moisturizing, so it sounds like it could work really well for you. I would only recommend using it at night, in place of your regular moisturizer and dependent on how dry your skin is, maybe once-twice a week or more if you feel like you need the extra moisture. I'm sure you could get a sample of it, as we are able to give samples of the solid cleansers etc! Which moisturizers did you try? Do you use a cleanser or toner? I'd definitely recommend you try Eau Roma water toner if you haven't already, it's lovely for dry and sensitive skin. xx
Original post by S.R
I liked the lush stuff but there were 2 problems. Firstly the price! Secondly the soap (honey I washed the kids) smelt amazing but fell in my bath and completely melted so that was £4 down the drain literally. and the creams are nothing special I think. I shall stick with nivea methinks.

I used to think the prices were extortionate, but the product quality really is exceptional compared to other products which are pumped full of preservatives and nasty chemicals, and aren't that much cheaper. All of the ingredients are sourced by hand, and are traceable! Considering that everything is hand-made using fresh ingredients, I think the prices are very fair and you get what you pay for, really.

That does suck about the soap, though! :frown:
Reply 2435
I used to think the prices were extortionate, but the product quality really is exceptional compared to other products which are pumped full of preservatives and nasty chemicals

How the public sees cosmetics companies:

The reality:

(edited 11 years ago)
Full of Grace is lovely! The tropical butters and portobello mushrooms are really moisturizing, so it sounds like it could work really well for you. I would only recommend using it at night, in place of your regular moisturizer and dependent on how dry your skin is, maybe once-twice a week or more if you feel like you need the extra moisture. I'm sure you could get a sample of it, as we are able to give samples of the solid cleansers etc! Which moisturizers did you try? Do you use a cleanser or toner? I'd definitely recommend you try Eau Roma water toner if you haven't already, it's lovely for dry and sensitive skin. xx

Oh brilliant thanks :smile: I was given samples of celestial and skin drink to try, I really wanted to like them, shame really :frown: I normally use E45 lotion, so would you say E45 in the morning and full of grace at night would be good? Or are you saying that it's not for everyday use? Well I've been trying to sort myself a lush routine, so I'm using angels on bare skin at night (lavender smell is so nice and gets me ready for bed!) and then in the morning I use st ives apricot scrub. To take off make up at night I just use a cotton pad and E45. Don't really use a toner- is it really that beneficial?

I think I've been over exfoliating though, which may be the cause of my extra flaky dry bits? Would fresh farmacy be a good face wash for the morning for my dry skin?
Original post by TaraBelle
Oh brilliant thanks :smile: I was given samples of celestial and skin drink to try, I really wanted to like them, shame really :frown: I normally use E45 lotion, so would you say E45 in the morning and full of grace at night would be good? Or are you saying that it's not for everyday use? Well I've been trying to sort myself a lush routine, so I'm using angels on bare skin at night (lavender smell is so nice and gets me ready for bed!) and then in the morning I use st ives apricot scrub. To take off make up at night I just use a cotton pad and E45. Don't really use a toner- is it really that beneficial?

I think I've been over exfoliating though, which may be the cause of my extra flaky dry bits? Would fresh farmacy be a good face wash for the morning for my dry skin?

Hm, I'd see if you can try and get a sample of Skin's Shangri La moisturiser. It's a bit more expensive, but it's a really good moisturiser for dry skin - rich and nourishing! E45 in the morning sounds good, and it really depends on your skin whether you'd need to use Full of Grace every day. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it for daily use because I'd be worried that the oils would break me out - but that's me and my skin, yours could be completely different. I'd try it every other night to start with, and if you feel you need the extra moisture then use it every night. I used to think that toners were unnecessary, but they're actually really beneficial. Even after I've taken my make-up off, when I use a cotton pad and toner, even more dirt comes off which is scary because I didn't use a toner, it would just be sitting there building up without me knowing. But as well as that, the Eau Roma water is really soothing especially for dry skin. We have smaller bottles to buy so if you found that it wasn't making a huge difference for you, you wouldn't be committed to a huge bottle that you won't use.

I was about to say, you're probably over-exfoliating which can dry your skin out. I only use a scrub once or twice a week, and if you have dry skin then I'd definitely say limit that to once a week. I know that the St Ives scrub is quite a gentle scrub, so you would probably be fine using it a couple of times a week, but I'd try and avoid using it every day and use something more gentle in the morning so you're not aggravating your skin too much. I think Fresh Farmacy would be good for your morning cleanse because it's really quite a mild cleanser, full of soothing chamomile, calamine and lavender so that would definitely be something you could use every day.

Just to clarify, I'd suggest that you use Fresh Farmacy in the morning, followed by Eau Roma water. If you can get a sample of Skin's Shangri La, follow with this. You could use the St Ives scrub in place of Fresh Farmacy every 3rd day or so, continue using your Angels on Bare Skin at night (it's also very gently exfoliating), again followed by Eau Roma, and then Full of Grace. And using your E45 when you need to! I hope this has helped. Definitely take a trip to your local store, and I'm sure they'll sort you out with some samples and advice! :smile: xx
Original post by S.R
How the public sees cosmetics companies:

The reality:

Why am I reading an article about hair dye? What's your point?
Hm, I'd see if you can try and get a sample of Skin's Shangri La moisturiser. It's a bit more expensive, but it's a really good moisturiser for dry skin - rich and nourishing! E45 in the morning sounds good, and it really depends on your skin whether you'd need to use Full of Grace every day. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it for daily use because I'd be worried that the oils would break me out - but that's me and my skin, yours could be completely different. I'd try it every other night to start with, and if you feel you need the extra moisture then use it every night. I used to think that toners were unnecessary, but they're actually really beneficial. Even after I've taken my make-up off, when I use a cotton pad and toner, even more dirt comes off which is scary because I didn't use a toner, it would just be sitting there building up without me knowing. But as well as that, the Eau Roma water is really soothing especially for dry skin. We have smaller bottles to buy so if you found that it wasn't making a huge difference for you, you wouldn't be committed to a huge bottle that you won't use.

I was about to say, you're probably over-exfoliating which can dry your skin out. I only use a scrub once or twice a week, and if you have dry skin then I'd definitely say limit that to once a week. I know that the St Ives scrub is quite a gentle scrub, so you would probably be fine using it a couple of times a week, but I'd try and avoid using it every day and use something more gentle in the morning so you're not aggravating your skin too much. I think Fresh Farmacy would be good for your morning cleanse because it's really quite a mild cleanser, full of soothing chamomile, calamine and lavender so that would definitely be something you could use every day.

Just to clarify, I'd suggest that you use Fresh Farmacy in the morning, followed by Eau Roma water. If you can get a sample of Skin's Shangri La, follow with this. You could use the St Ives scrub in place of Fresh Farmacy every 3rd day or so, continue using your Angels on Bare Skin at night (it's also very gently exfoliating), again followed by Eau Roma, and then Full of Grace. And using your E45 when you need to! I hope this has helped. Definitely take a trip to your local store, and I'm sure they'll sort you out with some samples and advice! :smile: xx

Oh you are so lovely for typing all that out for me :smile: thank youuu! I will definitely get some samples of shangri la and fresh farmacy and maybe invest in some toner water too then! It's helped a ton, lush assistants are always so nice! :') Just one last question though, am I still okay to use angels on bare skin every night? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest