The Student Room Group

stomach rumbling :(

hi all.
recently (as in past year) my stomach often "rumbles", making loud noises and making me uncomfortable, distracted and embarrassed.

normally this wouldn't bother me, but i have GCSE's coming up and i really dont want my stomach to growl during my exams, as i dont want anything to stop me getting a*'s.

please help me out.
i mean, even if i eat something my stomach still goes crazy, especially during tests/silent moments. THANK YOU!
Reply 1
bump
Perhaps have a bottle of water that you can chug to fill you up when you feel it happening.
You probably need to dump
This is not rumbling due to hunger I assume as that would be the obvious answer normally? You aren't on any diet or such?

If it is not hunger, it could potentially be related to a slight food intolerance. I have had a lot of stomach rumbling in the past related to food intolerances, so it might be worth seeing if it might be triggered by some food within your diet.
Reply 5
This is something I used to worry about so much when I did my GCSEs! The best thing I did was eat a few slices of cut up apple before an exam. Do you eat enough fibre? Also, Rescue Remedy products are good for easing nerves, which can speed up the digestive system.

I thought this was something I'd never get over, but now in my A level exams, my stomach could rumble all it wants, I need good grades!

Hope this helps, don't get yourself too down about it, sometimes you're so tuned in to the slightest noise it makes that others can't even hear it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
thanks for the suggestions people :smile: im certain that if my stomach doesnt rumble in my exams i can ace them, but the main thing stopping me from getting all A*s is my rumbling stomach :frown:.

i will take all these under consideration :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest