The Student Room Group

Are you happy right now?

Scroll to see replies

Yes.

I'm in the middle of writing a letter to a friend and sending her some presents I hope she'll like. My illness has begun to abate after struggling with it for a while, and for the first time in many years I'm finally seeing the joy in just being alive again.

And I'm always in a better mood once everything starts to bloom and the weather gets warmer. It was a lovely day today.
No, I'm really not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I.D.G.A.F.O.S
Trying to get over the love of my life, 15 exams in a month and a body that feels like it's failing... No :P but i'm positive, Things WILL get better. So not happy but positive?

15 exams..what are you studying?I have 9 and I thought that was a lot.Anyways just revise calmly and you'll be fine.A month is plenty of time.:wink:

Haha love that gif:biggrin:
I'm ok - not happy, not sad, but definitely stressed. Things are taking too long to happy and I feel very uncertain about the future.
Extremely. I'm quite happy my gf and I have decided to give long distance a go even though we're both apprehensive.

Also very happy that my Eurotrip starts later this week :biggrin:.
Reply 26
I want to say no, but that would only leave me with a negative mindset. Even though things are kind of crap right now, and A Levels are slowly drowning me, one step at a time and I'll get to a point where I will be happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Better than I have been, like this time last year for example. Absolute wonders what exercise and eating right can do.

Best not to worry about things until they happen. One day at a time.

Not entirely positive about the future but I don't even care RIGHT NOW
I think us in the Western World (which is the vast majority of us) are selfish when they say they're "unhappy" because they have to go to work each day or don't have a boyfriend. Try living in the Phillipines and sifting through rubbish mounds for food.
Reply 29
Yes. :smile: I can't think of a particular reason, I just am.
Reply 30
no, I have a mock exam tomorrow and haven't revised. I've barely been revising in general and I can't stop procrastinating.
Original post by Meyrin
Yes.

I'm in the middle of writing a letter to a friend and sending her some presents I hope she'll like. My illness has begun to abate after struggling with it for a while, and for the first time in many years I'm finally seeing the joy in just being alive again.

And I'm always in a better mood once everything starts to bloom and the weather gets warmer. It was a lovely day today.

What illness do you have if you don't mind me asking? That's a really positive and heartwarming post.
Original post by jaydoh
I think us in the Western World (which is the vast majority of us) are selfish when they say they're "unhappy" because they have to go to work each day or don't have a boyfriend. Try living in the Phillipines and sifting through rubbish mounds for food.

This is what I keep telling myself. Maybe if I lived under truly hard circumstances I would be elated to be me.
Reply 33
Yes, I'm with my boyfriend.
Reply 34
yes

even though my boyfriend went back to Uni on friday for 8 weeks and i'm extremely stressed about exams, feeling very positive and looking forward to summer! also in my easter break with 2 weeks off school to enjoy :smile:)
Reply 35
Nope got loads of problems going on in my life at the moment i just feel like giving up i really can't take it anyomre

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not unhappy...but I'm pretty bored and restless. I'm bored of waiting for the summer to start (so I can spend more time with friends and family) and restless as September and uni feel ages away. But I don't have anything bad going on. So, by that mark, I'm happy and grateful. :smile:
Reply 37
I'm happy right now. Definitely more happy than this time last year. :biggrin:
Original post by brightcitylights
What illness do you have if you don't mind me asking? That's a really positive and heartwarming post.

It's rather personal and not something I prefer to disclose, but suffice to say it was a chronic illness that affected every area of my life and my health, both mentally and physically. I was often far too sick to go out or even get a good night's sleep without it getting in the way, and it's been incredibly draining. I lost many things because of it, and became quite depressed on top of everything else.

But as they say, without winter, the spring would not be so welcome. I have learned a lot these past few years.
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
15 exams..what are you studying?I have 9 and I thought that was a lot.Anyways just revise calmly and you'll be fine.A month is plenty of time.:wink:

Maths, Further Maths and Physics :P 6 of those are retakes cause my school is paying for all of them :s-smilie: but it's alot of pressure :P

Quick Reply

Latest