The Student Room Group

Firm/Insurance Question

I tried emailing UCAS about this but they didn't reply so I thought I'd try here...

If I don't get the grades for my conditional firm choice, which is a Masters in Astrophysics, I can get an offer for the Bachelors from that uni.

Is it okay for me to choose that, should it happen, or do I need to choose my Insurance?
Yes. Unis can offer you a 3 year course rather than the 4 years. And if they offer it to you on results day it'll come up as a changed course offer which you'll have to accept but you won't have to go to your insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Yes. Unis can offer you a 3 year course rather than the 4 years. And if they offer it to you on results day it'll come up as a changed course offer which you'll have to accept but you won't have to go to your insurance.

That's great, Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 3
I would imagine if you still met the requirements for the bachelors course, they would accept you, changing the conditions for the course you'll be entering, so you wouldn't have to go to your insurance. Maybe, try phoning UCAS. It's worth being extra cautious. You can probably get out of your insurance offer on results day anyway, by phoning the uni up. They'll know there's a good chance people who have insured won't be going there, so unless they're really low on students, they'll probably let you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending