The Student Room Group

Help! Camberwell or Wimbledon?

I am an Art Foundation student and am currently trying to decide between the BA Drawing Course at Camberwell College of Art and the Painting BA at Wimbledon. Does anyone have any experiences? Recommendations?

I am a bit put off with the location of Camberwell. Whereas with Wimbledon I am worried that the course is not as exciting as I hope it to be. Otherwise I also hope to take some classes in Art History if possible, maybe someone knows about whether that would work at any of these two unis.

Thank you in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I personally chose Camberwell (over Wimbledon) because someone pointed out to me that Camberwell is much more in London than Wimbledon- which is further out and more suburban. Also Camberwell and South London in general has a great art scene at the moment and is meant to be the place to be for upcoming artists. I also prefered it for the course I applied for (Drawing at Camberwell and Sculpture at Wimbledon).

I am starting in September and don't live in London yet, so this is based on what I've felt on visiting the places and what people who know the areas and colleges have told me.

Hope this wasn't too useless :-)

Quick Reply

Latest