The Student Room Group

How are you revising for ICT? (AQA)

so obviously everyone has their own method of revision but how many hours of revision and what methods of revision are you doing for your Info1 and info2 exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by DavidR97
Interesting question, I'm studying this course and i'm finding it difficult to revise. My friends are making revision cards, which I have tried and I just find it too tedious. I have also tried doing past papers, which hasn't been successful either as in INFO 1 the exams seem to change a lot each year and I cant really mark my own 20 mark question on the paper which is undoubtedly the hardest question to practise.

Let me know you're method of revision, I could do with some help.

yeah I've never had much luck with revision cards. I usually just try learn it with someone else verbally and check each other, I find that helpful. but for the long answered questions theres not many other methods than to actually just get it done on my own.oh can you not ask your teachers to mark it for you? Or maybe even your friends and see what points they would have added etc. it depends ict you're an independent learner or like doing combined studies I guess.

how are you revising for info 2 for the questions based on the coursework we did. Im completely lost all I've got prepared is my coursework.

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Past papers seem to be mostly common sense in all honesty, it's such a breeze compared to subjects such as maths and computing, so i've basically just been making notes and doing some past papers will be doing minimum revision for these exams.
Reply 4
Original post by Aspolale
Past papers seem to be mostly common sense in all honesty, it's such a breeze compared to subjects such as maths and computing, so i've basically just been making notes and doing some past papers will be doing minimum revision for these exams.

Completely different for me, i find ICT much harder than maths at the moment.
Reply 5
So how did everyone find info1 today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the paper was harder than some of the past papers that I'd done but thought I've done fairly well, didn't like the fact there was that 17 marker right before the 20 marker though but I think I've managed pretty well. Could have done with a couple more minutes to improve the 20 marker essay though as I just kind of shoved a very brief conclusion in due to time constraints.
Reply 7
Original post by Photovoltaic
I thought the paper was harder than some of the past papers that I'd done but thought I've done fairly well, didn't like the fact there was that 17 marker right before the 20 marker though but I think I've managed pretty well. Could have done with a couple more minutes to improve the 20 marker essay though as I just kind of shoved a very brief conclusion in due to time constraints.

yeah I agree. The farmer question really put me off, it was so random. but I think overall it went okayish. ready for info 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pisces20
yeah I agree. The farmer question really put me off, it was so random. but I think overall it went okayish. ready for info 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The farmer question initially put me off due to it's randomness too but I found there was a fair bit I thought of after the initial surprise.

This was actually a resit for me as I've done INFO1 and INFO2 last year, only resitting INFO1 though as I got a C whereas I got a high A for INFO2. Good luck with INFO2, I personally found INFO2 just a bit easier but I find INFO1 much more deceptive and harder to gauge when you're going along the right lines than INFO2
by crying of boredom over my notes:frown:

Seriously though I find this the most difficult and tedious topic to revise someone please tell me they have found a way to make it bearable?

Quick Reply

Latest