The Student Room Group

German cars reliable?? Is that so?

Sorry for the language.

I thought only Italian cars were this reliable :tongue: :colondollar::biggrin:
Most this user that are always talking about 'german whips' are just 'badge snobs'
Reply 2
My "unreliable" MG has been more reliable than most of my mates german cars.
You know Porsche eventually listened to him?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Rump Steak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1807065739&feature=iv&src_vid=-eXUnZrykDY&v=iJjxeyC2W8s

(I don't know how to embed videos :tongue:)

paste in everything after the = symbol [./youtube]
Original post by JC.
paste in everything after the = symbol [./youtube]

Nice one, cheers
Reply 6

Yes. Presumably as a measure for damage control.
The worst car I ever owned was a VW Golf. 110k on the clock and it cost me over £6,000 in repairs in the 12 months I had it.
Reply 8

tbh he does sort of deserve it for getting a roofrack though. I can't understand why that's even a possible option.
Reply 9
"Porsche don't make crap cars"

Mmmm.... tell that to anyone who's managed to blow up a 996 or a Boxster S through no fault of their own!
Original post by Alfissti
Yes. Presumably as a measure for damage control.

Indeed. Should have responded quicker I think, this definitely hasn't been good publicity for Porsche, especially after all the other troubles they've had recently!

Original post by Joinedup
tbh he does sort of deserve it for getting a roofrack though. I can't understand why that's even a possible option.

:rofl:
I must be one of the few who likes it when people use their supercars for 'normal' stuff! I've seen a photo of a guy with a roof rack and bike on a ferrari f40!
Reply 11
Indeed. Should have responded quicker I think, this definitely hasn't been good publicity for Porsche, especially after all the other troubles they've had recently!

:rofl:
I must be one of the few who likes it when people use their supercars for 'normal' stuff! I've seen a photo of a guy with a roof rack and bike on a ferrari f40!

I thought it was a photoshop at first glance.

but yeah german cars are objectively nothing special in terms of reliability - check out http://www.reliabilityindex.com/

top 10 least reliable (lower points score is better reliability)

1 AUDI RS6 1126.00
2 BMW M5 691.00
3 Porsche 911 996 589.00
4 Mercedes-Benz CL 576.00
5 Mercedes-Benz V-Class 566.00
6 Bentley Continental GT 525.00
7 Mercedes-Benz GL 510.00
8 Mercedes-Benz SL 500.00
9 Mercedes-Benz R-Class 471.00
10 Audi Q7 470.00

German cars became desirable middle class status symbols in the '80s tbh I think a lot of people praising german cars today are living in the past.
I've had 5 German cars... a VW Corrado, a VW Polo (g/f's actually), two Skoda Fabia vRS's and a Skoda Octavia. ALL have been terrible for reliability (I know the Skoda's are Czech, but they are VW's underneath).
I've also had a Honda Civic, Subaru Impreza, Ford, Toyota, and my Dad has had a couple of Renault's, all of which have been either faultless, or within sensible and reasonable expectations.

I shall NEVER buy VAG again, but would consider BMW.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending