The Student Room Group

Complicated Gay Situation!

Okay, this is fairly confusing, so I'm going to keep it as simple as possible...

First, some background: I have two guy friends, friend A and friend B. I'm closet bisexual, friend A has just come out as gay and friend B I happen to know is also closet bisexual (he doesn't know I know). We're all 18/19, all of us at 3 different universities. (I'm at Imperial, friend A is at Leeds and friend B is at Durham)

Friend B is very confused and worried about discovering his sexuality; he dislikes the feelings he has for me, but can't help them. Friend A is openly gay (amongst our friend group at any rate), like I said.

I have found out from various reliable sources that both friend A and friend B both like me, a lot.

I'm completely in love with friend B, and want to make a move to have a relationship with him, but this will completely break friend A's heart. I am not remotely interested in a romantic relationship with friend A.

I am good friends with friend A, and want to continue being friends with him, but I also want to finally ask out friend B. I feel like I can't have one without the other...

I'm going to leave this as a pretty open question, I guess I'm just looking for advice on what to do. I'd also like some advice on how to let friend B know he should be comfortable wirh his sexuality and being around me, without directly revealing I know about it.

Thanks for any responses. :smile:
Reply 1
Not sure why the OP came out so strangely. Here's the post again without any issues:

First, some background: I have two guy friends, friend A and friend B. I'm closet bisexual, friend A has just come out as gay and friend B I happen to know is also closet bisexual (he doesn't know I know). We're all 18/19, all of us at 3 different universities. (I'm at Imperial, friend A is at Leeds and friend B is at Durham)

I have found out from various reliable sources that both friend A and friend B both like me, a lot.

Friend B is very confused and worried about discovering his sexuality; he dislikes the feelings he has for me, but can't help them. Friend A is openly gay (amongst our friend group at any rate), like I said.

I'm completely in love with friend B, and want to make a move to have a relationship with him, but this will completely break friend A's heart. I am not remotely interested in a romantic relationship with friend A.

I am good friends with friend A, and want to continue being friends with him, but I also want to finally ask out friend B. I feel like I can't have one without the other..

I'm going to leave this as a pretty open question, I guess I'm just looking for advice on what to do. I'd also like some advice on how to let friend B know he should be comfortable wirh his sexuality and being around me, without directly revealing I know about it.

Thanks for any responses. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Karatekid Shiva
Have a triangle relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

(if you're being serious) it's not gonna happen... I'm not interested in Friend A and neither is friend B.
Aww, tell friend A that you love him. Cuddle him when watching a movie or doing something personal together then whisper 'I love you'.

Be nice to friend B but make it clear that you are not interested in a relationship. Stop meeting with him until he understands this, if he happens to make a move and not 'get the message'. This can happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending