The Student Room Group

Should I Just Give Up On Him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yes, that is all I literally want. I really do not see how it's so hard! And omg about your ex-bf! I would not put up with that!!! That would drive me insane! It doesn't matter how old you are, but you always want to know where you stand with people and to know that they appreciate you!

I didn't revise when I was with him, but I did revise before going to his house. There's only so much my brain can take on revision though!

He text me just an hr ago (I didn't text him today) with "Afters" [afternoon]... I mean, I'm glad he did text me... But a little bit more like "how are you?" is just needed not a one worded text. Maybe I'm asking for too much :frown:

That's good...even if he texted "afters" (I'm totally using that by the way) ...it means he has made an effort. It's the fact he has bothered, so don't worry too much about how detailed or not it is - I think one step at a time would be best for this. Just start a convo and reply and take it from there.

Then you can initiate conversation for the next couple of days - then wait for him. My boyfriend understand me perfectly now, which is if I don't text him during the whole day, he knows I'm waiting for him. Initially we were a little iffy, such as he isn't much of a texter, and I am, until he said if I need to talk to him, just call him. So now I call him, he picks up within about 1-2 rings, and we have nice little convos! Don't get me started on my ex - he was ridiculous, one of the reasons why I left. He believed that 3 texts a day was "too much". :confused:

I personally am much more inclined to whatsapp someone than text them (don't ask me what the difference is) but I just feel it flows better. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is everyone is different, so give this guy a break, text him, call him, but more importantly, give him a chance to miss you! Good luck!
He text me just an hr ago (I didn't text him today) with "Afters" [afternoon]... I mean, I'm glad he did text me... But a little bit more like "how are you?" is just needed not a one worded text. Maybe I'm asking for too much :frown:

I really don't want to upset you but maybe you are? If the issue was that he never texted you first, then he's clearly shown an interest in you here by being the first to start a conversation. You can then go on to say "how are you" etc and lead the way. This is a little stereotypical, but men aren't always the best at texting. A few years ago I read a paper that suggested that men preferred using texts to get information while women were more likely to text just for the sake of having a conversation. If you say he's quite chatty in person then maybe he's just one of those kinds of men? You could maybe try calling him in the evening for example instead, that might be more suited to him if he's busy during the day? That works for my boyfriend and I when one of us is away - he isn't much of a texter either.
1. He hasn't been in a relationship for 5 years (he's never been married, although engaged).
3. I don't think he is. Been to his 4 times and we've had sex once.
4. FUnny you mention that. Went on a date with another man last week. I told him (he text me when I was on the date) and he got quite arsey with me and angry that I appeared to be "seeing other men" (I am obvs going to explore other options because I have no idea what him and I are!
5. I plan to go to uni in Sept.. We have discussed this and he said he would move for the right person. He also did say he does "fancy me but doesn't want teenage drama". I would like a relationship.
6. I completely agree. Do you think I should talk to him about giving me more attention or just delete his number? I think the latter would be rude and I think he deserves a bit more than that. What do you think?

(Thanks everyone who has replied. You have helped me a bunch)!

I think he should want to give you attention naturally then be persuaded to change to meet your requirements. Would you want him to start texting you more because you told him to or a man who naturally wants to text you?

I don't think you are needy, it's normal to want to text more than once a day with more than just 'afters'. He took the incentive to text you first but 'afters' doesn't take much thought to write. If i was dating you i would at least write something more thoughtful.

I would just focus on your exams and revision. Cut your loses date more suitable men who can give you more attention. I would text him telling him you don't think it will work and it would be best for both of us to stop seeing each other.
Just an update. Did what most of you said and I cut my losses short. Just finished speaking to him. I said that I needed more attention from him and I felt he could not give it to me as he has other commitments like his job and family problems. He said he knew what I met and he said that we can always be friends and go for a drink but I said no, I'd rather draw a line under it because the feelings I have for him.

He said we was not ready to commit to a relationship (just yet). But I just had to say I wanted someone to give me the attention who was closer to my age.

I am in tears because I think I was actually "in love" with him or starting to feel that way. Just the way he made me feel like when we were together - he made me feel like I was important but I guess in reality, that just wasn't the case.

So I'm gonna listen to a lot of anti-love songs starting with Raven Symone's "Anti-love Song" cause I feel like poo.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. :smile: X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending