The Student Room Group

UKL Physics Society (UKL PhySoc)

Hi, noticed that several other subjects seem to be starting their own "group" and including it in their signatures, so I thought I'd start one for people studying Physics at Uni, or planning too - UK Learning Physics Society. If you'd like to become a member, please reply and you can add the listing to your signature.

Physicists that I'm currently aware of:
*Hoofbeat (me!)
*Nylex
*Mik1a (ur planning to do it)
*Elpaw (although he seems to have dissappeared)
*Bezza

I know there are many more, particularly a few ppl I've spoken to on the Oxbridge Forum! So If you want to become a member then post your reply!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am not a physicist but can I have honorary membership?
Reply 2
I'm tentatively considering applying for Physics next year, so until I've made up my mind I'll join. :wink:
Reply 3
Go on then :smile:.
Reply 4
Nice idea.
Reply 5
MyNameIsNeo
I am not a physicist but can I have honorary membership?

I think you should only be allowed an honorary membership after doing some humiliating forfeits and pledging allegance to physics, stating that you know in your heart its better than your current subject.
I'll join by the way.
Reply 6
What exactly are you hoping to achieve by doing this? Im doing physics in october
Reply 7
You got me!

bono is planning to as well :smile:
Hoofbeat
Hi, noticed that several other subjects seem to be starting their own "group" and including it in their signatures, so I thought I'd start one for people studying Physics at Uni, or planning too - UK Learning Physics Society. If you'd like to become a member, please reply and you can add the listing to your signature.

Physicists that I'm currently aware of:
*Hoofbeat (me!)
*Nylex
*Mik1a (ur planning to do it)
*Elpaw (although he seems to have dissappeared)
*Bezza

I know there are many more, particularly a few ppl I've spoken to on the Oxbridge Forum! So If you want to become a member then post your reply!

Read the PM I sent you in reply Hoofbeat! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Sorry Bono! Had a memory blank!

Anyone who is prepared to pledge themselves to Physics at University or beyond is welcome to join! I jsut thought it would be nice to have an official physics society so that we know who loves Physics! The Classists are starting it on another forum, and I'm sure there are more of us than them! Just added it to your signature that you are a :

UKL Physics Society Member
Hoofbeat
Sorry Bono! Had a memory blank!

Anyone who is prepared to pledge themselves to Physics at University or beyond is welcome to join! I jsut thought it would be nice to have an official physics society so that we know who loves Physics! The Classists are starting it on another forum, and I'm sure there are more of us than them! Just added it to your signature that you are a :

UKL Physics Society Member

Great idea Hoofbeat! Rep for you tomorrow! :biggrin:
Reply 11
YAY! Thank you!!! :smile:

I just thought it would be nice to be able to recognise physicists amongst the crowd. I know we are quite a small bunch compared to the Medics, Mathematicians and Economists on here, but I want us to be known and respected! lol
Reply 12

Hoofbeat - Founder

Nylex

Mik1a

Bono

Elpaw

Alec

Bebop

I'masillynarb

Bezza

Phil

Ger

Android Killer

Mast3486

Davey Boy

Jojoba86

These are all the people I have currently been able to find who either:
i) Are studying Physics
ii) Have an offer to study Physics
iii) Will be applying this Sept for Physics
Sorry if I've missed anyone out :frown:
Reply 13
Me!

Although I've only thus far posted to the Imperial forum, so I'll let you off. I (all things being good) should be studying fizzics this October.
Jojoba86
Me!

Although I've only thus far posted to the Imperial forum, so I'll let you off. I (all things being good) should be studying fizzics this October.

At imperial?
Reply 15
Jojoba86
Me!

I've added you to the list! Sorry!!!
I'm applying for Physics 2005 entry. Does this entitle me to join?
Reply 17
I think thats allowed.
doing physics at manchester in september
can i join?
Reply 19
bono
At imperial?
Yup, you catch on quick :biggrin:. Well, it's not my firm yet but I'm 99.5% sure it will be.
Check out the sig!

Latest

Trending

Trending