The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
bono
He said "competing against" not "breezing past". :tongue:

Well if any of you are applying to New College/St Hilda's I feel pretty clued up about their Physics Interview questions! I don't mind sharing them! :smile:
Reply 181
mik1a
And me :eek: :mad:
This could be interesting...
I'll me a member! :smile:
I want to join the group if i can, Im going to Durham uni for a 4year physics course next year! :redface:
Reply 184
:frown:

You can't say Edexcel P1 is easy without a comparison. The hardest quesitons you're gonna get are ones like:

find the area of the region bounded by the equation y=x^3 and y=3x
sin(2x+1).tan(2x+1)=3, find x in the range 0<x<360

Now they're very hard if you're comparing with the Edexcel P1 average but they're easily do-able. M1 is a bit tougher in general but personally I find it simple because you can use drawings to help unlike most of the pure.
I was comparing OCR P1 to AQA B P1.

Edexcel has always had a rep for quite tough maths modules.
I start my a-level in phsics in spetember, an wnat to be a phsicist, am i in. :cool:
To Bono

Our of interest on your quote of the day. How do you justify the war being illegal :rolleyes: , and what would you of done instead of going to war with america?
Reply 188
Lydiamonds
I want to join the group if i can, Im going to Durham uni for a 4year physics course next year! :redface:
Sure join the society.
Eddie87-04
To Bono

Our of interest on your quote of the day. How do you justify the war being illegal :rolleyes: , and what would you of done instead of going to war with america?

1.) Invasion of another country and braking Geneva conventions - Illegal.
2.) I would have not gone to war, simple.
Sure join the society.

You're in it as well! :biggrin:
I'll join on, i'm studying it at A-level and want to be a physicist :smile:
Eddie87-04
I'll join on, i'm studying it at A-level and want to be a physicist :smile:

You applying to Ox?
iam goin to apply for physics. can i join please?
Reply 194
thatsthebadger
iam goin to apply for physics. can i join please?
Indeed you can.
Reply 195
Hoofbeat
Hi, noticed that several other subjects seem to be starting their own "group" and including it in their signatures, so I thought I'd start one for people studying Physics at Uni, or planning too - UK Learning Physics Society. If you'd like to become a member, please reply and you can add the listing to your signature.

Physicists that I'm currently aware of:
*Hoofbeat (me!)
*Nylex
*Mik1a (ur planning to do it)
*Elpaw (although he seems to have dissappeared)
*Bezza

I know there are many more, particularly a few ppl I've spoken to on the Oxbridge Forum! So If you want to become a member then post your reply!

I wouldn't mind being a member..... :smile:
Hoofbeat
Awww, well I think that's good enough! Engineering is basically applied Physics! Feel welcome to join and add it to your signature :smile:

Aww, thanks, that's really nice of you! Sorry, I am VERY behind with this thread now...
Reply 197
Enginineering is applied physics, but physics is applied maths. Enginieering is physics, except more applied than most types. :biggrin:
i wouldnt say physics is applied maths. you use a lot of maths in physics, but physics is more about understanding where the maths came from and what the results mean. (remember, physics has only been using maths from the times of newton, before that it still existed (albeit in a week sense) in a domain outside maths)
Reply 199
Errr, physics had been using maths before Newton...

Latest

Trending

Trending