The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
Was just wondering if anyone else has read the article in the times weekend review with regards to 'A Complete Guide To The Physical Universe' by Roger Penrose! The article deals with string theory and descirbed the current situation concerning physics - that 'the newest advances may be fiendishly elegant mathematics but are fiendishly hard to proove.' Is beauty in the mathematics enough?
Reply 301
Hi can I join this society? Thanks please could the founder of this society send me a message/reply.
Reply 302
cdm391
Hi can I join this society? Thanks please could the founder of this society send me a message/reply.

The founder is Hoofbeat, she's on holiday at the moment. I think she wanted prospective members to PM her about joining.
Hi, can I join, I'm doing as physics and will study to a2 level.
Reply 304
I've just finished the first year of a 4 year Maths and Physics course at Durham. Do I get teh cool sig now? :tongue:
Reply 305
Just gotta say, welcome to UKL AntiMagicMan.
Reply 306
Why thank you :biggrin:.
Reply 307
You're a Londoner too, cool.
Reply 308
Yep lived here all my life. Except i'm moving to Northampton in 2-3 weeks. So much for that then :tongue:.
Reply 309
Lol, I'm only away from London during term time :biggrin:.
Reply 310
Nylex
Lol, I'm only away from London during term time :biggrin:.

Crap, I've always thought of you as a brummie
Reply 311
elpaw
Crap, I've always thought of you as a brummie

LOL! Nahh, I'm from Norf London :smile:.
Reply 312
Ah good old London accents. I'm from Edmon'on.
Reply 313
AntiMagicMan
Ah good old London accents. I'm from Edmon'on.

Not that far from me (Tottenham).
Reply 314
AntiMagicMan
Yep lived here all my life. Except i'm moving to Northampton in 2-3 weeks. So much for that then :tongue:.

Firstly ive added you to the members list even tho you didnt PM me, just because Nylex seems to like you!

secondly, welcome to n'pton! that's where I'm from (well in a nearby village!).
Reply 315
Hoofbeat
Firstly ive added you to the members list even tho you didnt PM me, just because Nylex seems to like you!

Lol, yep, he seems cool to me.
Reply 316
Nice :biggrin:. So what uni's/educational institutions do you guys attend?
Reply 317
AntiMagicMan
Nice :biggrin:. So what uni's/educational institutions do you guys attend?

Hopefully I'll be going to Oxford (to study Physics obv) but if I don't get grades I'll be off to Warwick in sept. you?
Reply 318
AntiMagicMan - I'm going into 2nd year of Physics & Astrophysics (International Study) at Birmingham in Sept.
Reply 319
I'm starting the second year of a 4 year (MSci) Maths and Physics course, at Durham.

Latest

Trending

Trending