The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
can i join?
Reply 321
hey nylex,
youre doing physics at birmingham arent you? i was just wondering if u dont mind me askin what its like doing physics there and what grades you got to get in there?
cheers
Reply 322
mr_tomus
hey nylex,
youre doing physics at birmingham arent you? i was just wondering if u dont mind me askin what its like doing physics there and what grades you got to get in there?
cheers

Yes I am and no, I don't mind the questions. I didn't apply for Physics and my offer was for Comp Sci (BBB - I got ABB). Actually, I made a post about this here. I think the course is alright tbh. shiny said the thing about postgrad demonstrators is common though.
Reply 323
thanks a lot mate. given me more information to go on :smile:
Reply 324
mr_tomus
thanks a lot mate. given me more information to go on :smile:

No prob. Any more questions, send me a PM or something.
Reply 325
Hey, I'm new and I want to join as well. Can I?
:wink:
Reply 326
hey hoofbeat (and anyone else interested for that matter) - would you like to see your timetable for first year oxford physics next year?
elpaw
hey hoofbeat (and anyone else interested for that matter) - would you like to see your timetable for first year oxford physics next year?

I'd like to have a look elpaw, would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 328
Invisible
I'd like to have a look elpaw, would be appreciated. :smile:

Same Elpaw! That would be great :smile: You going to attach it here or you want our email addies?
Reply 329
BCHL85
Hey, I'm new and I want to join as well. Can I?
:wink:

Please read post at top of this forum re: membership :smile:
Will hopefully be doing Electronics & Electrical Engineering this year at Edinburgh, so could I join? If you think Physics is a minority I swear Electrical Engineers are an even smaller minority :biggrin:
Could I join please? I have just completed my GCSE's and next year I'll be doing physics, I don't know any of the complicated subjects you talk about yet because I'm too young and ignorant, but over the next academic year it may become more worthwhile for me to become a member of the UKL physics society, so let's think ahead to then. :smile:
can i join ? :smile:
Reply 333
little.rebel.L
can i join ? :smile:

All prospective members must read the "sticky" at the top of this forum and follow the relevant instructions.
Reply 334
At the moment i'm doing a nuffield foundation dursary funded course at leeds uni- in the Civil engineering dept. Its ok, quite long- im nearing the end ot the fourth and final week, but it has helped to increase my practicle skills if nothing else.
Has any one else done this, or know any thing about it- it was my physics teacher at school who got me on to it...

Oh, and what is a "sticky"

I've just done my as level in physics and would like to join- but don't :confused: know how!?!
Reply 335
ginge769
Oh, and what is a "sticky"

I've just done my as level in physics and would like to join- but don't :confused: know how!?!

A sticky is a thread that has been made to stick at the top and not get pushed down like the rest. Strangely enough, a sticky has "Sticky: " before its title.
Hoofbeat
All prospective members must read the "sticky" at the top of this forum and follow the relevant instructions.

Ok, done that - thanks for telling me how to do it, can't believe I managed to miss a sticky. :redface:
Reply 337
CALCULATE THE INERTIA OF A DRUM WITH ROTATING MASS OF 1000Kg, RADIUS OF 1.5m AND RADIUS OF GYRATION OF 500mm.

IT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL THANKYOU. :confused: :smile:
Reply 338
i was wondering if anyone can tell me if work experience for physics (like lab work or something) is a must for applying to do physics. i have unrelated work experience but just worried that i would get majorly disadvantaged.
thanks if anyone can help :wink:
Reply 339
mr_tomus
i was wondering if anyone can tell me if work experience for physics (like lab work or something) is a must for applying to do physics. i have unrelated work experience but just worried that i would get majorly disadvantaged.
thanks if anyone can help :wink:

It is certainly NOT a requirement. I didnt have any Physics related work experience (only experience I had was at a stables and helping at a vets! - completely unrelated!) and I got 6 offers including Oxford so it is definitely not a requirement. Plus, most Unis realised how impossible it is to get any experience!

Latest

Trending

Trending