The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Manchester?

As the title suggests, which is better for the LLB?
and why?
Original post by Maura Kat
and why?

Heya, just moved this to the Uni law forum as it's more relevant to your post. :smile:
Nottingham seems to do better in rankings/higher entry standards/heard good things about the course. I've heard that Manchester's course is pretty big, so can appear disjointed etc.

Also on a superfluous level, Nottingham seems to attract all the top firms to campus.
Reply 3
Original post by Cutmeloose
Nottingham seems to do better in rankings/higher entry standards/heard good things about the course. I've heard that Manchester's course is pretty big, so can appear disjointed etc.

Also on a superfluous level, Nottingham seems to attract all the top firms to campus.

Is it possible to do Law, Sociology, History and English language in one sitting for the A levels?

These are the subjects I intend to take perhaps in June next year at A levels.
Is it possible to do Law, Sociology, History and English language in one sitting for the A levels?

These are the subjects I intend to take perhaps in June next year at A levels.

Not sure I understand the question? do you mean with regards to 'soft' subjects ?
Reply 5
Not sure I understand the question? do you mean with regards to 'soft' subjects ?

Are the subjects I stated above considered soft subjects?
I would like to take the exams in one sitting at A levels.
Is that possible?
My preferred board is the Cambridge International Exams.
Are the subjects I stated above considered soft subjects?
I would like to take the exams in one sitting at A levels.
Is that possible?
My preferred board is the Cambridge International Exams.

Oh no, they are fine.

You should be able to do that. Issue may arise over predicted grades though?
Reply 7
Oh no, they are fine.

You should be able to do that. Issue may arise over predicted grades though?

Did you do any of the subjects I listed from the same exam board I mentioned?
Did you do any of the subjects I listed from the same exam board I mentioned?

I didn't do any of them.

Willing to share your background? What makes you want to do the A-Levels in one sitting? :smile:
Reply 9
I didn't do any of them.

Willing to share your background? What makes you want to do the A-Levels in one sitting? :smile:

Because it is only in the UK where exams are broken up in stages and you can resit for papers in a few months after you've sat for the initial paper.

Such luxuries do not extend to the rest of the world.

I'm based in southeast asia. the education system is a rigorous one. In addition to what I'm already studying right now in an international school, it would make sense for me to take the A levels at one go.
and why?

Nottingham. Better feedback, ranking, student satisfaction.
Well Law is pretty much a redundant degree now anyway, but we won't get into that.
I found Nottingham was incredibly over-rated, though I didn't like Manchester at all, whichever attracts you I guess.
Reply 12
Original post by TheBigJosh
Well Law is pretty much a redundant degree now anyway, but we won't get into that.
I found Nottingham was incredibly over-rated, though I didn't like Manchester at all, whichever attracts you I guess.

I would like to take the CIE A levels next year.
do you reckon I do law, english language, history, sociology in view of a law degree in future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending