The Student Room Group

Slough Grammar / Upton Court Grammar

Hi,

I've got a place at the Slough Grammar sixth form (they renamed themselves to Upton Court Grammar recently) and was wondering if anyone goes there or has any experience of it.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Yh, I currently go there i'm in year 11 and i'm going to the sixth form next year.

Really it depends what subjects you're taking and what type of a person you are.
The people are a bit trampy, no offence to anyone in particular. But it's alright.

What subjects are you taking??
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by muntilol
Yh, I currently go there i'm in year 11 and i'm going to the sixth form next year.

Really it depends what subjects you're taking and what type of a person you are.
The people are a bit trampy, no offence to anyone in particular. But it's alright.

What subjects are you taking??

Maths further maths physics and hist, would it be a huge improvement to an average state school? And is it actually that good a school?
Reply 3
It's not as good as the school says but it is better than the state schools in the area.

The subjects you're taking have alright teachers and the students are focused on a lot. You get a lot of help.

With those subjects it would be easy for you to get into a better sixth form (with good GCSEs obviously) but it's you're own decision.

My current state school is rated outstanding by Ofsted and is decent I guess but I am sort of under the impression that slough grammar is a really really good school? I dont know if that's just because it's a grammar school or whatever, but is this just a false impression? I cant really be bothered to go there unless it is significantly better than my good state school as there wouldn't really be much point, so is it much better than other good comprehensives? By the way I dont go to school in slough.
Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by quamquam
My current state school is rated outstanding by Ofsted and is decent I guess but I am sort of under the impression that slough grammar is a really really good school? I dont know if that's just because it's a grammar school or whatever, but is this just a false impression? I cant really be bothered to go there unless it is significantly better than my good state school as there wouldn't really be much point, so is it much better than other good comprehensives? By the way I dont go to school in slough.
Thanks

It's about the same level as excellent state schools but is seen better because it's a grammar school.

They've spent a lot of money on sixth form facilities, so if your current school hasn't got a great sixth form centre, ours is pretty cool.
Reply 5
It's about the same level as excellent state schools but is seen better because it's a grammar school.

They've spent a lot of money on sixth form facilities, so if your current school hasn't got a great sixth form centre, ours is pretty cool.

Well thanks! So what were you saying about the people being trampy? What do you mean by that exactly? Cheers
Reply 6
LOOL clearly this guy "muntilol" has some issues with Slough Grammar but here is my opinion on it all

Ive just finished Slough grammar this year and I have to say the 6th form area is amazing - lots of facilities to use even after school.

Leadership team there are a bit dodgy with their policies and stuff but if you get on their good side your fine - but I guess your going to get them awkward staff anywhere u go I guess.

umm what else can I say - maths department there are probably the best in slough - did maths and further maths there and the teachers are really supportive throughtout the 2 year course

uniform wise its a navy blazer and they're pretty relax about uniform tbh.

Any other questions you may have just drop me a message :P
Reply 7
i am 15 and i recently moved to Slough and i think i'm gonna go to Upton Court Grammer....Can you please tell me if it is a good school?
Thanks
Reply 8
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I have recently got an offer from Slough grammar school for sixth form.

I live in Reading and am worried about travelling ( especially in the winter). Please let me know if any of you know the transport facilities or if any one from Reading is studying there!!

Thanks
Reply 9
Hi im in year 11 and i have applied to Upton Court grammar and i was just wondering about the uniform in sixth form.
Original post by mel019
Hi im in year 11 and i have applied to Upton Court grammar and i was just wondering about the uniform in sixth form.

I am in Year 11 too and I am currently in Upton Court Grammar School as well. The uniform will be navy blazer and the other usual clothes I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending